Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any must sees in the LA area??

John_Simms
    I'm going to be in Santa Clarita, CA next week on business and will have Saturday night and all day Sunday free. Being a midwesterner and having never been to CA before, is there anything specific I should check out while in the area? I was thinking about making a loop from Santa Clarita to Ventura, then down Route 1 to Santa Monica, then back to Santa Clarita. Is that a reasonable trip for a Sunday?
    Thanks for the info.
    John

Jordy
    I'd say Watts, Compton, and South Central should be on the list...

squirt'nmyload
    you beat me to it

DeltaSigBoater

mondorally
    I'm going to be in Santa Clarita, CA next week on business and will have Saturday night and all day Sunday free. Being a midwesterner and having never been to CA before, is there anything specific I should check out while in the area? I was thinking about making a loop from Santa Clarita to Ventura, then down Route 1 to Santa Monica, then back to Santa Clarita. Is that a reasonable trip for a Sunday?
    Thanks for the info.
    John
    Its reasonable but Sunday traffic is hit or miss. Definately an all day drive if you plan on stopping and enjoying it a bit.

gramps
    I'd say Watts, Compton, and South Central should be on the list...
    I'd add East L.A. to the list.........that way he can see what all of the west coast will be like in a few years.

superdave013
    if you are going to Santa Monica you might as well see the freak show at Venice Beach.

voodoomedman
    Thanks for the info.
    John
    Ventura, Santa Barbara area is beautiful. LA sucks. Sunday make sure that you are not driving south past like noon or you will be screwed.

C-2
    Hmmm, might need you to stop and serve some papers on a guy on PCH in Malibu.
    ...kidding, but it looks like I'll be headed up that way to do the same.
    Coming thru Camarillo there is Ojai; and the trip down PCH from Ventura County, thru Malibu is pretty nice, so long as there's no fires. Gladstones restaurant is there on PCH in Malibu.The LA County beaches are not as nice/happening as OC, but that drive is pretty cool.
    They have cleaned up the Santa Monica Pier area nicely, and Santa Monica in general is nice, you can easily hit the 3rd Street Promenade for shopping. The freakshow in Venice on a Sunday will be in full force and effect - just a pain in the butt to get to.
    Second the vote for Santa Barbara too, but that would take up your whole day.
    Whenever my in-laws come from New Zealand/Australia/England - they too have about a zillion places to visit in LA - and are always bummed when they hit that good ole' traffic, and realize LA is actually a pretty big place.
    So I take it no Six Flags for you?

Schiada76
    West Hollywood is a MUST. Lots of good bars and you'll hook up guaranteed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast