Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Here's some reading material. . .

Warp Speed
    Can i come?
    Hell ya, love to show you guy's around!!!
    Warp Speed

steelcomp
    Looking forward to it!!
    Ya, that's the ol' girl. Looks like a friggin aircraft carrier compared to most jets!
    Warp Speed LOL..yeah, I remember seeing the Nimitz carrying the nose just like that.

steelcomp
    Thanks for all the good info. A 565" what? 4.6 x 4.25. What type of heads are you thinking about using a what type of intake system?
    At Phoenix two weeks ago the Pro Mod boat that won had a 813" Kaase Ford Hemi in it. I talked to them
    but I didn't get a chance to ask: RPM's, bore and stroke and deck height.
    Sleeper CP
    Talking about big engines...just thought I'd share this. I had in my hot little hand today a 5" bore CP piston destined to go onto a new 5.300" bore center block. Word is they're looking at 900ci. Mfgr's were trying to get IHRA to go to 5.5" bore center and be done with it, but they said 5.300 is max. Prototype heads are done, as well.

Sleeper CP
    Talking about big engines...just thought I'd share this. I had in my hot little hand today a 5" bore CP piston destined to go onto a new 5.300" bore center block. Word is they're looking at 900ci. Mfgr's were trying to get IHRA to go to 5.5" bore center and be done with it, but they said 5.300 is max. Prototype heads are done, as well.
    Wow
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

steelcomp
    Wow
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford LoverThought that might catch your attention

Sonny's had their new Hemispherical BBC engine at PRI. You talk about a monster....Note I said "Hemispherical", Chrysler "politely" informed Sonny's that the word HEMI is trademarked so they had to black out all references to the trademark in the booth.

IMPATIENT 1
    DAMN

steelcomp
    Sonny's had their new Hemispherical BBC engine at PRI. You talk about a monster....Note I said "Hemispherical", Chrysler "politely" informed Sonny's that the word HEMI is trademarked so they had to black out all references to the trademark in the booth.
    I saw that on their website. I didn't get a chance to see the head yesterday, but I'm guessing it's a Pro Stock style deal.
    Next year, I'm definately going to PRI.

steelcomp
    What blows my mind is the piston speeds of these engines with the extremely short rod ratio they have to run

Yes Scott, before they outlawed the Jager rod in IHRA I got to see some of the pistons coming out of some of the Ford engines. Piston speed is one of the major battles in those engines.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516