Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio Mount

Taylorman
    Im looking to put a stereo in my boat. Nothing fancy, just a cd deck and a couple of small speakers under the deck. Im looking at how to mount the radio in the dash. I have the space to the right of my gauges, i just can't figure out how to mount the radio in. I looked at West Marine today for a mount that will work on a jet boat. Because their is no way to support the back of the radio, im looking for a mount that will screw into the dash which the fully support the radio. Any ideas?

'78Konajet
    I got one from Overton's, has a waterproof retractable cover.

LGCDEVIL
    Don't cut the dash

Greaser
    Im looking to put a stereo in my boat. Nothing fancy, just a cd deck and a couple of small speakers under the deck. Im looking at how to mount the radio in the dash. I have the space to the right of my gauges, i just can't figure out how to mount the radio in. I looked at West Marine today for a mount that will work on a jet boat. Because their is no way to support the back of the radio, im looking for a mount that will screw into the dash which the fully support the radio. Any ideas?
    Doesnt your boat have a "Dry Box" under the dash,mounted to the floor between the passenger seats? (If I remember correctly) Why not install it in there. I cut my dash to install a stereo, and regret it.

malcolm
    I want to do the same thing but don't want to cut the dash. Probably end up building a small box to attach to the bulkhead under the dash.

boater012
    Why not under the driver seat if you have room?? they sell a couple cd players that whole face opens and you can work the radio that way or by the remote?? When the face opens it opens so that you can see the screen from the drivers seat! :crossx: my.02

victorfb
    dont cut the dash. mount it under the deck somehow. use your imagination. on my rogers i have side panels that go all the way up to the bulk head. they have cut outs for a pocket to store small items. i mounted the single CD player just passed the pockets. its not easy to reach, but i bought a player that has a remote. plus i didnt have to cut the boat. just the wood/carpeted side panel. and no need for a water proof face cover.

If I get around to it, this year, probly not. I plan to install a four chanel amp with crossovers, four speakers,and use just an Ipod, with line drivers. They make an add on for the Ipod, to make it controlled by an RF remote. I dont think I'd ever cut a dash again in a smaller boat.
    Sleek

Taylorman
    If my boat did not have this clock in the dash, i would not cut it. However, the previous owner installed this clock in the dash. Its just a little smaller than a radio so im gonna open up the hole a little and put a radio there.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_5621.jpg

Riverat84
    yeah guys i would seriously find somewhere else to put it....especially in a narrow boat like all of ours....maybe between the driver's seat and the inside rail of the boat? thats where i might stuff it. just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast