Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vacume secondaries

86 catalina
    why dont i see any fuel on my vacume secoudaries when i pump the throttle with the motor off??Does it need to be running or is it clogged..

A vacuum-secondary carb only has an accelerator pump on the primary side of the carb. Doesn't use one on the secondaries. You do get a pump shot in the primaries, right?

86 catalina
    yes...but i dont see fuel on the secondaries...when not running..when running i see very little fuel in secondaries..is there a test to check that they are working properly..

Moneypitt
    NO. It is difficult to rev a motor, unloaded, to the point that the sec will start flowing thru the venturi. Don't try......the primaries will take the Rs to the point of dangerous over reving. It will take a road/water test to evaluate the secondary performance. Note: you should not "feel" the secondaries open, it should be a continuous "pull", not a stumble and recovery that is often felt when the transistion is totally wrong..............Ray

86 catalina
    thanks ray i appreciate it.. i got the timing also it was a bad #1 wire...ha ha ha thanks again

Hallett19
    pull off your flame arrestor, have a buddy sit back there when you are at the lake and when you hammer it, he should see a nice spray coming from the center squirters of the secondaries (and primiaries). When my motor is wicked, both prim. and sec. center squirters are.... well, squirting...

GofastRacer
    pull off your flame arrestor, have a buddy sit back there when you are at the lake and when you hammer it, he should see a nice spray coming from the center squirters of the secondaries (and primiaries). When my motor is wicked, both prim. and sec. center squirters are.... well, squirting...
    Vacuum secondary carbs do not have a squirter on the secondaries!..

centerhill condor
    ditto gofast!

Hallett19
    well it has those things in the middle that shoot out gas when I'm under throttle, whatever those are called...I'm pretty sure they do, its a Holley 780 vac secondary

Sleek-Jet
    Aren't they called Venturi Boosters???
    Squirters would be for the accelerator pump...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast