Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ford or chevy

Firefighter74
    Anybody out there that can help me. I recently moved to Indiana from California and I have a 1978 19 foot Hallett with a 460 ford. Recently had problems with someone building a Chevy engine for me. Now I have to start over from scratch and am still contemplating on Ford or Chevy. The only bad thing with the Chevy is having to replace all of the hardware.

Sleeper CP
    What kind of help are you looking for ?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

MR V
    sounds like you made up your mind all ready, you put ford before chev. just because someone else f7ck things ups does not mean thats the way to go. i like chev, but ford has there things going to. shop around and then make up your mind.

DMOORE
    If it already has a Ford in it, stick with Ford. The 460's a great motor and there are tons of performance options out there.
    Darrell.

Blueoval
    Anybody out there that can help me. I recently moved to Indiana from California and I have a 1978 19 foot Hallett with a 460 ford. Recently had problems with someone building a Chevy engine for me. Now I have to start over from scratch and am still contemplating on Ford or Chevy. The only bad thing with the Chevy is having to replace all of the hardware.
    Couple of questions..
    Is this boat the 19'ss V-drive?
    Is this engine going to be blown? You did post it in the blower motor section.
    DO you have a block/heads? If so which block and heads?
    If the boat is allready rig-d for a Ford stay with that.
    If you can give more info, we can give you a great deal of help.
    cheers

Firefighter74
    Couple of questions..
    cheers
    I would like to have a blown motor, the chevy I had being built was blown. The block I believe is stock, was thinking about blue thunder heads. Any info would be great.

Firefighter74
    Couple of questions..
    cheers
    I would like to have a blown motor, the chevy I had being built was blown. The block I believe is stock, was thinking about blue thunder heads. Any info would be great.

Firefighter74
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    What are you running in your boat and any info about a ford motor I would be thankful. Have had no luck with help on that subject.

likwidsukr
    Originally Posted by Sleeper CP View Post
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    What are you running in your boat and any info about a ford motor I would be thankful. Have had no luck with help on that subject.
    Prolly a Big Inch Ford not sure though

Sleeper CP
    Prolly a Big Inch Ford not sure though
    That would be a big old hell yeah
    Firefighter I just answered your post in "just jets" I only look over here in the blown section from time to time.
    The boat is a 19' California Performance jet. Engine is a 565" SVO Ford dyno'd at 935 HP single carb no bottle, 11.8:1 compression the boat had run 103 with the 855 HP engine and Nos. Trying to get to 100 mph w/out the juice, it ran 98 mph (gps) with full tank's and all the extra parts and pieces in the boat.
    Have had a 710 hp 512" ford at 6,000 rpm's and 10.25:1 compression, then had a 855 hp at 6,600 rpm engine(this engine de-tuned). Check with me on the just jet thread.
    Good luck with the project, look forward to giving you some idea's. Just love spending other people's money No, what ever help/ advice I can give you I will.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast