Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Excursion was broken into

Well I havenÂ’t even had the Excursion for a month or even put over 100 miles on it and it was broken into last night. The thieves punched out both door locks and took the head unit/DVD player. This unit is not very common so if you see it for sell somewhere please let me know. ItÂ’s the Kenwood Excelon KVT-910DVD. The thieves hit two of my neighbors as well so much for Chino Hills being the 16th safest city to live in within the country.
    This is the KVT-911DVD but it is very similar
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...KVT_910DVD.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rsion_Dash.jpg

riverbound
    That sucks...that was my old head unit I still have the 5.1 processor and center channel in my garage. If its any consolation I have the factory radio and CD changer that came out of that thing also in my garage.

That sucks...that was my old head unit I still have the 5.1 processor and center channel in my garage. If its any consolation I have the factory radio and CD changer that came out of that thing also in my garage.
    Really....that would be nice...I would appreciated it. I don't know what my insurance company is going to do.

Outnumbered
    The night I moved into my new home in Chino Hills (Grand and CH Pkwy) in 1993 there were people inside jacking the appliances Three years later they tried to break in while we were asleep. I bought my first gun that year and put the house up for sale and moved to Arrowhead.
    No place is 100% safe, don't let your guard down. Sorry to hear about that episode. They broke into my truck last Christmas here in AZ. It is common this time of the year. I don't upgrade my stereo anymore so I have less to worry about.

riverbound
    Really....that would be nice...I would appreciated it. I don't know what my insurance company is going to do.
    do you ever make it to HB? I have all the stuff that came out of it when we put the Kenwood Deck in (good thing I never threw it away). The guys at Al&Eds in Ontario did the install and could put it back to stock very easily for you. and integrate the rear video into it again like it was. I think I have the FM modulators too. Dont really want to mess with shipping it.
    I do have a "friend" who lives in Chino Hills. maybe I can get the stuff out that way if I go to see her.

riverbound
    Really.. I don't know what my insurance company is going to do.
    unless you did an add on to the policy for the stuff, they will most likley do nothing. It sucks but I have always added the stereo/video systems I had in he past to the car in case it got broken into. I had some pretty elaborate ($30k+) systems back in the day (when I was cool)

The crazy thing about it is that I tried to get the Excursion to fit into the garage a couple weeks ago but it was just a few inches too long to fit with my boat in there. I was just talking about cutting out the poll that protects my water heater from getting hit so that I could free up a couple more inches so it would fit in the garage.

do you ever make it to HB? I have all the stuff that came out of it when we put the Kenwood Deck in (good thing I never threw it away). The guys at Al&Eds in Ontario did the install and could put it back to stock very easily for you. and integrate the rear video into it again like it was. I think I have the FM modulators too. Dont really want to mess with shipping it.
    I do have a "friend" who lives in Chino Hills. maybe I can get the stuff out that way if I go to see her.
    Yeah I make it down there once in a while. Maybe I could come down next week or this weekend. Let me know what is good for you. So were you the first owner of the Excursion?

riverbound
    Yeah I make it down there once in a while. Maybe I could come down next week or this weekend. Let me know what is good for you. So were you the first owner of the Excursion?
    Nope.

riverbound
    Let me know and if Im not home I can leave the stuff on my porch in a box and you can pick it up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast