Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Circle Runners

sanger ss396
    most of our race sights are within one to two hrs drive from spokane wa. if you look at a map of eastern wa. and northern idaho. there is newport wa. grand coulee wa. moses lake wa. ione wa. the newport race is 4th of july weekend moses lake is in sept. and grand coulee race is at banks lake is on fathers day weekend. there is some other races pending. also some of us are hope to make it down to burley for the race. our most famous racer from here in spokane is circle jerk. keep in touch with me or the jerk for race up dates and we do post the dates here also.

Sangerboy
    I believe the one on the right is the circlerunner.
    Right you are amato, where are you located? My youngest daughter is in school at Berrien Springs near Benton Harbor and I get out there occasionally. Greg
    I tried to get some decent shots at lunch but they didn't turn out real well. The boat has quite a bit of v to it in the nose till about the middle of the boat. It does measure exactly 18'3" which I read somewhere a drag runner is 17' something and a circle runner is 18' 3"?
    With that much v at the entry it is likely a circle runner and the drag runners measured 18' 6"
    I was told this is a circle boat do to the bottom has a slight v in the rear of this sanger
    That could be a 19' model as it has a slight v, cool cross ram BTW, any more shots of the engine?

amatosanger
    Right you are amato, where are you located? My youngest daughter is in school at Berrien Springs near Benton Harbor and I get out there occasionally. Greg
    I'm in Grand Rapids. Tony

hulshot
    Is the 19foot sanger with a slight v and a split plate a cirlcle boat? A friend has a 81, 19footer it has a single turn fin that is long, aobut 12 inches and fairly deep in the water.
    he wants it to be a drag boat. Does anyone know where a good starting point for motor placement would be, motor has about 700hp.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Is the 19foot sanger with a slight v and a split plate a cirlcle boat? A friend has a 81, 19footer it has a single turn fin that is long, aobut 12 inches and fairly deep in the water.
    he wants it to be a drag boat. Does anyone know where a good starting point for motor placement would be, motor has about 700hp.
    I thought the 19's were ski boats stretched out to better accommodate back seats.
    Probably not the best candidate for drag racing.

Squirtin Thunder
    I thought the 19's were ski boats stretched out to better accommodate back seats.
    Probably not the best candidate for drag racing.
    The 19 was actually called a 19' Family Ski.

howardflatty

The 19 was advertised as a ski boat
    The 18.6 was advertised as the drag runner bottom.
    The 18.3 was advertised as the circle runner.
    The 17.10 was a flat as I remember not bubble deck.
    Billy can correct me I'm sure if I'm wrong (which would not surprise me lol). He worked there during that era.
    As I remember (and this was many moons ago) my 18.3 had a 3-piece plate assy with longer travel (eyelevers) on the center plate which was roughly about a foot wide. I need to search for my pics which I have a bunch of (pre-digital age).

V-DRV
    Here is the plate set-up on this boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/pic42.jpg

vdriver4ever
    You boat looks great... My brothers and I have about 4 or 5 vdrives and lots of stories if you ever get to Boise to share. I would love to see your boat as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast