Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 455 block needed

waterfn
    I'm looking for a 455 block in SO Cal, anyone know where I can find one? Dan

Bense468
    Why? Go chevy

Taylorman
    Why? Probably because he only needs a block, not an entire engine. If the guy had the money to buy an entire engine, Im sure he would buy a Chevy. Fact is, the cost of a block is substantially less than an entire engine. Sorry to sound like a dick but Im so tired of hearing people saying to go Chevy over Olds in instances like this. Im also sick of people on this board talking like Olds engines are completely worthless. Im sure Chevys are much better, however, I have been having an Olds in my boat for many years without a single problem. And by the way, that is with a 5 qt oil pan. That last line was for all you that say an Olds wont run without a 7-10 qt pan. Sorry to be a dick, just had to vent.

waterfn
    Way to stand up for Olds Taylorman. I had a problem with the block but my heads are good and all the other stuff is what will drive up the price of a new chevy, by the way my olds went 16 years.

i got a blown up short block with my boat when i bought it. i havent really looked at it, but if i remeber right the block is ok, just needs machined. i live in upland.

spectra75
    Adams Metalizing in Lancaster, Ca. 661-942-9538. He supplies Mondello Performance Products with a lot of engine parts. Talk to Mark, great guy.
    spectra75

Licketty Split
    I Aggree with taylorman I have a olds... I also have a block It will be fine with some honing...but I live in Flagstaff AZ http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Chestah Cheetah
    Waterfn, I have a set of engine mounts if you need.

waterfn
    thanks for the leads guys, I need a new crank and pistons so I am contimplating selling parts I have left an dgetting a new boat. Thanks for the help Dan

spectra75
    waterfn, sorry to hear about your ride. What kind of boat do you have? What kind of parts?
    spectra75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast