Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit where credit is due

Moneypitt
    Credit where credit is due
    As some here are aware, last weekend I was given an award. I really need to spread this award around, as there were so many people involved in the WPRA / SCSC 2007 High Points Championship of the PS 52 Boat, “GRUMPY 1”…………
    Me? I’m Ray Burnett,(PS89)……. Lets add Art Anderson to this short list of people directly involved, lets add Bud Gilbert, as the engine guru and tuner he truly was .(The current engine in the 52 is the last engine Bud Gilbert built)……. And last but not least, Bud Allerton…………But not yet, OK?
    The PS 52 is a Kelron hull built by Dwayne Bolton, Ronnie Bolton, (aka Mad Dog)…
    If memory serves me correctly, (anyone that has straighter poop than me, please jump in).
    I’m not sure who actually bought it out of the mold, but the boat reflects BUD SIMI of Santa Rosa as the rigger, or as it is painted on the side, “BOAT BY BUD SIMI”…….So I guess he rigged it?…….Here Bud Simi is your share of the award…….
    Kelron?……In MY mind I have little else to say……Oh yeah, I watched Bud go over in that boat leading a Puddingstone heat into turn three, blew him out of his shoes, and, the worst part to him, he lost his wedding ring……..Bruised but OK, the ring was the one thing that bugged him about that flip…We helped drain the boat, back on the trailer……..Nothing…..Nothing was hurt on the boat!!!!!…..Thanks Dwayne and Ron, and here is your share of the award….(K9 forever in our hearts)
    Gilbert……Bud Gilbert…….You ever thinking about someone, “He knows more now than I could ever think about learning?”…..What a tribute to G Force, this 2007 High points winner, this injected, alcohol burning, dry sumped, last Gilbert “off the stand” has more heats on it that we could figure out Saturday night….Goes back to 06 Burley or before………Thanks, Bud. Thanks for all the good times you added to the “other” Bud. Thanks for the “Mill” you built, here is your share of this award………..
    May the “G FORCE” be with you……
    Art Anderson.. I think I hooked them up in Parker…….(Hey Bud, you’re our competition, but this guy could make it bunch closer) thanksgiving 06. I may be wrong, jump in here Art….April, Parker......Art took the boat home……Bud’s instructions, simple, take it apart, look it over before Burley………Motor is out, on the hook, so to speak………Art rebuilds the pedal assembly, yeah, the DOWN pedal…..The bushings/bearings, etc etc……..Then Bud goes in the hospital……..Art rewires the starter/mag kill/mag switch, remounted between the drivers legs…….Bud is no longer making boat decisions ……Art puts the motor back in the boat, un opened..Per Virginia)….Tows the boat to Burley, does his best to “lean on it” abit……Nah, don’t wanna hurt it………Boat starts and finishes 4 heats……….
    BUD DIES…….
    Virginia, Brad and sister, (sorry) grandkids….Jeff, circle boat kid…….and a bunch of the Allerton clan came to Long Beach…. ART ANDERSON was the crew chief at the beach in 07…I was kinda busy with the 89…………A pill here, a pill there, being ever so careful not to hurt anything, Art gave Brad and that boat the best ride they’ve had lately, and in Brads case, maybe the best ride he EVER had!!!!!!!!!!
    Art, my friend, nah…My brother…(Morgan City, but that’s another story)…..Thank you so much for your knowledge, your ball busting work, and for accepting the Allertons into your heart…..I shall always be greatful to you and Sandi
    And now, to you Art, your Credit, where credit is due, your share of this award…………
    Bud Allerton........Thank you for your smile....., thank you for your spirit, thank you for setting the bar a little higher everytime you pushed the "G Force" pedal.................
    To Art, to the Buds.............This Award is OURS
    Thanks for allowing me to continue MY addiction...........Ray

FlatRat
    Ray,
    that's shows the class and respect for those along the way.You are the man.

GofastRacer
    Thanks for the kind words Ray!...

Very nice thread Ray. Congrats.

Credit where credit is due
    As some here are aware, last weekend I was given an award. I really need to spread this award around, as there were so many people involved in the WPRA / SCSC 2007 High Points Championship of the PS 52 Boat, “GRUMPY 1”…………
    Me? I’m Ray Burnett,(PS89)……. Lets add Art Anderson to this short list of people directly involved, lets add Bud Gilbert, as the engine guru and tuner he truly was .(The current engine in the 52 is the last engine Bud Gilbert built)……. And last but not least, Bud Allerton…………But not yet, OK?
    The PS 52 is a Kelron hull built by Dwayne Bolton, Ronnie Bolton, (aka Mad Dog)…
    If memory serves me correctly, (anyone that has straighter poop than me, please jump in).
    I’m not sure who actually bought it out of the mold, but the boat reflects BUD SIMI as the rigger, or as it is painted on the side, “BOAT BY BUD SIMI”…….So I guess he rigged it?…….Here Bud Simi is your share of the award…….
    Kelron?……In MY mind I have little else to say……Oh yeah, I watched Bud go over in that boat leading a Puddingstone heat into turn one, blew him out of his shoes, and, the worst part to him, he lost his wedding ring……..Bruised but OK, the ring was the one thing that bugged him about that flip…We helped drain the boat, back on the trailer……..Nothing…..Nothing was hurt on the boat!!!!!…..Thanks Dwayne and Ron, and here is your share of the award….(K9 forever in our hearts)
    Gilbert……Bud Gilbert…….You ever thinking about someone, “He knows more now than I could ever think about learning?”…..What a tribute to G Force, this 2007 High points winner, this injected, alcohol burning, dry sumped, last Gilbert “off the stand” has more heats on it that we could figure out Saturday night….Goes back to 06 Burley or before………Thanks, Bud. Thanks for all the good times you added to the “other” Bud. Thanks for the “Mill” you built, here is your share of this award………..
    May the “G FORCE” be with you……
    Art Anderson.. I think I hooked them up in Parker…….(Hey Bud, you’re our competition, but this guy could make it bunch closer) thanksgiving 06. I may be wrong, jump in here Art….April, Parker,,,,,Art took the boat home……Bud’s instructions, simple, take it apart, look it over before Burley………Motor is out, on the hook, so to speak………Art rebuilds the pedal assembly, yeah, the DOWN pedal…..The bushings/bearings, etc etc……..Then Bud goes in the hospital……..Art rewires the starter/mag kill/mag switch, remounted between the drivers legs…….Bud is no longer making boat decisions ……Art puts the motor back in the boat, un opened..Per Virginia)….Tows the boat to Burley, does his best to “lean on it” abit……Nah, don’t wanna hurt it………Boat starts and finishes 4 heats……….
    BUD DIES…….
    Virginia, Brad and sister, (sorry) grandkids….Jeff, circle boat kid…….and a bunch of the Allerton clan came to Long Beach…. ART ANDERSON was the crew chief at the beach in 07…I was kinda busy with the 89…………A pill here, a pill there, being ever so careful not to hurt anything, Art gave Brad and that boat the best ride they’ve had lately, and in Brads case, maybe the best ride he EVER had!!!!!!!!!!
    Art, my friend, nah…My brother…(Morgan City, but that’s another story)…..Thank you so much for your knowledge, your ball busting work, and for accepting the Allertons into your heart…..I shall always be greatful to you and Sandi
    And now, to you Art, your Credit, where credit is due, your share of this award…………
    Bud Allerton........Thank you for your smile....., thank you for your spirit, thank you for setting the bar a little higher everytime you pushed the "G Force" pedal.................
    To Art, to the Buds.............This Award is OURS
    Thanks for allowing me to continue MY addiction...........Ray
    MP
    Congrats.........This is a class post

Excellent post, Ray...
    Steve

fc-pilot
    Well said Ray. Congrats to everybody involved.
    Paul

mostly crue
    Ray, Amy and I had dinner with Virginia and Brad on Sunday in Laughlin. Amy really got a chance to catch up with them. I was lucky enough to meet Bud and the family through Amy. I really wish everyone could have met Bud. He was the true racer.
    Jeff.
    P.S. I think the boat is a Spitfire, I remember Jim Bandelin talking to Bud about help setting up the K-8.

Moneypitt
    Ray, Amy and I had dinner with Virginia and Brad on Sunday in Laughlin. Amy really got a chance to catch up with them. I was lucky enough to meet Bud and the family through Amy. I really wish everyone could have met Bud. He was the true racer.
    Jeff.
    P.S. I think the boat is a Spitfire, I remember Jim Bandelin talking to Bud about help setting up the K-8.
    Yes Jeff, it is a Kelron Spitfire, a hell of a boat...............I think the K16 at Parker is also a Kelron Spitfire..........Ray

Moneypitt
    It has been brought to my attention that I neglected an important part of this team......The driver........Brad Allerton did a great job driving all year, with a days racing also driven by the GN 711, and new K5 shoe, Skip Tuttle. While Bud was the driving force of the PS52, After hip replacement a few years ago, it was up to Brad to step into the driving duties. I know it was with a heavy heart that Brad continued after Bud's passing. I also know he did it for Bud. Bud Allerton had a hard time after his old friend, Bud Gilbert passed away in 06 right after Burley, but he went on, knowing that is what Bud Gilbert would've wanted him to do. Brad and Virginia went on in 07, knowing that is what Bud Allerton would've wanted, and expected them to do. As Brad said at the awards in Parker, starting and finishing each race earned the PS52 the WPRA and SCSC Pro Stock high points for 2007. It was my pleasure to be a part of the Allerton legacey, part of the Allerton family. The PS52 boat, and the spirit that the Allertons brought to each and every race will be truly missed.........Who knows, we may just see it again at Burley some year, or Valleyfield, or ????............Thanks Brad and Virginia for all the years you allowed us to share in Bud's life, Here is your share of this award..........Ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast