Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shooting laws?

Froggystyle
    Hey folks...
    I know this sounds ridiculous me asking it and all, but I honestly have no idea what the law is for shooting firearms in California. I researched the laws in Arizona and they are pretty specific about distance from a house or a road, what type of property it has to be etc... but can't find anything in specific about Cali.
    What kind of land can you go out and target practice on? Assuming I know all of the safety concerns at hand, how do you go about finding a nice spot to go plink out here?
    The only local shooting I have done has been on a range, and there was no reason to go anywhere else with the assets I had available to me.
    Any input would be great.
    Wes

Phat Matt
    Everything is illegal in California.

Riverkid
    You can go to the California Fish & Game site for info. Make sure you don't "bad guns" onto BLM land (no AR's, etc)...

Jbb
    No shooting allowed.......even with revolutionary, infused stocks.....Next!

Froggystyle
    You can go to the California Fish & Game site for info. Make sure you don't "bad guns" onto BLM land (no AR's, etc)...
    Wow... there isn't anything on that site regarding target shooting... only game shooting and hunting.
    I think it is safe to say that my rifles meet the criteria... they are .22LR's.

Froggystyle
    Do they look evil? Black is sinister, any hillary supporter can tell you that. Also, those things that go over the barrel deal with the holes? Scary. And a take down handle thing or a thing like pistols have...just evil.
    Thought you should know.
    They look evil, but they are legal. Just need to know where I can shoot them.

LOWRIVER2
    Wes,
    look up the local BLM office in the county you are interested in. Make sure to get a Ranger on the phone and not a civilian. They usually will give you specific areas that are good to go to. There are a lot more areas in San Berdo. county than Riverside, but areas do still exist. If you have a pre ban weapon, it helps to have the registration with you but the Rangers can run the serial #'s in the field too.
    Good luck

Mandelon
    I heard you can go out near Ocotillo, on the way to El Centro...Dunaway area maybe???

uvindex
    As Lowriver said, BLM is a good bet.
    Their site has specific restrictions on specific areas. For example, here's a link to for a search of "firearm" specific to the California portion of the BLM site.
    http://www.blm.gov/search/?query=fir...r=&dropXSL=yes
    Happy shooting to you.

BADBLOWN572
    Well, I got a pair of bracelets for shooting on Orange County about 5 months ago. Turns out that in Orange County, you are not allowed to fire ANY firearm within 1 mile of any structure that COULD be occupied by a person. It didn't matter that we were shooting on our own property, that the neighbors were shooting with us, that all of the weapons were registered, etc... Didn't matter that I have been shooting on our property for over 20 years, didn't matter that we were on our property with over 48 acres, etc... IT SUCKED!!! Talk about the worst first date in history.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast