Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So, what happens next

AzMandella
    AZM,
    I think if you do a little research you will discover that it hasn't been even a year since the Democrats took control of the House and Senate. The Republicans controled of all branches of Govt until Jan 2007. Republicans held the majority in Congress for 12 years prior to 2007.
    You seem proud of the President you elected. Not many others are.
    I hear Republicans whining every day about how Dems steal elections with votes from illegals. If you want tell a story tell it truthfully.
    Your right it was the 2006 elections when they took power.My mistake. As far as proud of the president. With exception for how the war has gone yes. The economy has been the best it has in 12 years. I know most libs don't believe so but the economy was going down hill durring the last 2 years of Clintons presidency. After riding Reganomics for 6 yrs and doing nothing to tweak it along the way. Unemployment was rising very quickly. Once Bush took office it continued down and before he had any time to do anything 911 hit and it spiraled out of control. I believe he did a much better job of rejuvinating the economy than Clinton would have if he had to deal with those problems.
    And as for the war I don't completely hold any one person responsible for it's shortcomings. Ever since WWII the military has not been able to do it's job because of political intervention. How can you do your job when someone keeps tieing one hand behind your back. And this war is worse than ever. You have Dems that have been on record before Bush took office saying they were worried about Sadam's posibility of having or aquiring WMD's. Now they are all screaming Bush lied to them and and they were decieved even though they unanimously voted to go into Iraq. This kind of spineless actions does very little for military moral.
    regardless of who's in power in 08 I think the results will be the same because politicians are for when talking is needed to fix problems and when talk has exhausted itself then it's time for military action without political intervention.
    And I still have not heard Rep politicians whining about being cheated and racing to the courthouse to stop things. It was funny but I don't remember hearing about rep lawyers being placed at all of the major polling places waiting to run to court if things looked like it wasn't going their way. I've heard lots of Rep and Dem talking about illeagals and voting. But not so much about past elections but worried about future elections if the Dem politicians get their way of finding a way to overlook the in any way to make illeagls elligible to vote.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Your right it was the 2006 elections when they took power.My mistake. As far as proud of the president. With exception for how the war has gone yes. The economy has been the best it has in 12 years. I know most libs don't believe so but the economy was going down hill durring the last 2 years of Clintons presidency. After riding Reganomics for 6 yrs and doing nothing to tweak it along the way. Unemployment was rising very quickly. Once Bush took office it continued down and before he had any time to do anything 911 hit and it spiraled out of control. I believe he did a much better job of rejuvinating the economy than Clinton would have if he had to deal with those problems.
    And as for the war I don't completely hold any one person responsible for it's shortcomings. Ever since WWII the military has not been able to do it's job because of political intervention. How can you do your job when someone keeps tieing one hand behind your back. And this war is worse than ever. You have Dems that have been on record before Bush took office saying they were worried about Sadam's posibility of having or aquiring WMD's. Now they are all screaming Bush lied to them and and they were decieved even though they unanimously voted to go into Iraq. This kind of spineless actions does very little for military moral.
    regardless of who's in power in 08 I think the results will be the same because politicians are for when talking is needed to fix problems and when talk has exhausted itself then it's time for military action without political intervention.
    And I still have not heard Rep politicians whining about being cheated and racing to the courthouse to stop things. It was funny but I don't remember hearing about rep lawyers being placed at all of the major polling places waiting to run to court if things looked like it wasn't going their way. I've heard lots of Rep and Dem talking about illeagals and voting. But not so much about past elections but worried about future elections if the Dem politicians get their way of finding a way to overlook the in any way to make illeagls elligible to vote.
    If you believe that the economy is doing well and that Bush has done a great job except for the war, I don't want to burst your bubble. One of these days very soon you will wake up and figure out that things aren't exactly as you've been told.
    Just a couple of points. When Bush took office there was a budget surplus. When Bush took office the National Debt was approximately 4 1/2 trillion dollars. When Bush took office, the price of crude oil was under 20 a barrel. When Bush took office the The Median Price for a home was $147K.
    Today the budget is operating at a huge deficit, The National Debt is now over 9 trillion dollars, the price of oil is up nearly 400% and the National Median home price is up 25%, to over $200K. Yet we are told there is minimal inflation. WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    This wonderful economy, as you see it, is debt based, with a the US dollar at all time lows against foreign currencies. The buying power of most Americans is down since 2001, as prices have risen faster than income. Not the sign of a strong economy.
    These are facts which have not been made up as some Liberal conspiracy.
    China carries the paper on nearly 2 trillion of the National Debt. I'm sorry young man, but this is far from a true robust economy.
    FYI, it doesn't take a rocket Scientist to stimulate the economy if allowed to pump 5 trillion dollars borrowed dollars into it. Problem is, that my great grandchildren will end up paying for this great economy you're enjoying, and that my friend, pisses me off.
    Lets leave the issue of illegals swaying elections alone, since there is no proof of any such thing. Let's not forget that Gore won the popular vote in 2000 and FL did have some issues with their voting systems, If roles would have been reversed, Republicans would have acted the same.

AzMandella
    If you believe that the economy is doing well and that Bush has done a great job except for the war, I don't want to burst your bubble. One of these days very soon you will wake up and figure out that things aren't exactly as you've been told.
    Just a couple of points. When Bush took office there was a budget surplus. When Bush took office the National Debt was approximately 4 1/2 trillion dollars. When Bush took office, the price of crude oil was under 20 a barrel. When Bush took office the The Median Price for a home was $147K.
    Today the budget is operating at a huge deficit, The National Debt is now over 9 trillion dollars, the price of oil is up nearly 400% and the National Median home price is up 25%, to over $200K. Yet we are told there is minimal inflation. WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    This wonderful economy, as you see it, is debt based, with a the US dollar at all time lows against foreign currencies. The buying power of most Americans is down since 2001, as prices have risen faster than income. Not the sign of a strong economy.
    These are facts which have not been made up as some Liberal conspiracy.
    China carries the paper on nearly 2 trillion of the National Debt. I'm sorry young man, but this is far from a true robust economy.
    FYI, it doesn't take a rocket Scientist to stimulate the economy if allowed to pump 5 trillion dollars borrowed dollars into it. Problem is, that my great grandchildren will end up paying for this great economy you're enjoying, and that my friend, pisses me off.
    Lets leave the issue of illegals swaying elections alone, since there is no proof of any such thing. Let's not forget that Gore won the popular vote in 2000 and FL did have some issues with their voting systems, If roles would have been reversed, Republicans would have acted the same.
    Funny how people look at things. First off when Bush took office the National dept was more like 5.75 trillion. It has rissen a little over 3 trillion due to being at war. In comparison it rose nearly 2 trillion under Clinton while not at war and you say there was a surplus and he did a great job? Thats like saying I have $40,000 in the bank but I owe over $300,000. But I have a surplus.If you dont think so look here. this is direct from the national treasury
    http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...t/histdebt.htm
    I still don't see how people can blame Bush for fuel prices. He has nothing to due with it. OPEC sets the prices and It's the ecofreaks that will not let us drill and explore within our own country to reduce the forign dependancy. Nor build new refineries to handle the demand. Something BUsh tried to address early in his first term but was shot down. Besides I think Americans have been a little spoiled compared to the rest of the world.
    As far as housing I think you can look at the Lending Industry for alot af that. the ARM did wonders to drive up prices and trick people into buying houses they couldnt afford. You came blame that on the gullible American. Then when the baloon burst and prices dropped alot of people were left holding debts larger than what their house was worth because they went whoopie and refinancing and cashing out the equity they had but don't now. If the government wanted to stop it then the senate or house should have done something. Remember the Pres. cannot introduce a bill to the floor of either. He can recomend things to them but I doubt they would have listened as they were doing the same with their own homes. You should see how many of them have bankrupted not 1 but 2 buisinesses and themselves personaly over the years.
    And as far as the illeagal voting thing. I keep saying that I'm not talking about past elections. I don't think they had anything to do with them. But we must make sure for future elections nothing happens. And if you don't think that some of the things the liberals have been doing in terms of trying to give drivers licenses to them, which leads to ID to get voters ID's your blind.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Funny how people look at things. First off when Bush took office the National dept was more like 5.75 trillion. It has rissen a little over 3 trillion due to being at war. In comparison it rose nearly 2 trillion under Clinton while not at war and you say there was a surplus and he did a great job? Thats like saying I have $40,000 in the bank but I owe over $300,000. But I have a surplus.If you dont think so look here. this is direct from the national treasury
    http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...t/histdebt.htm
    I still don't see how people can blame Bush for fuel prices. He has nothing to due with it. OPEC sets the prices and It's the ecofreaks that will not let us drill and explore within our own country to reduce the forign dependancy. Nor build new refineries to handle the demand. Something BUsh tried to address early in his first term but was shot down. Besides I think Americans have been a little spoiled compared to the rest of the world.
    As far as housing I think you can look at the Lending Industry for alot af that. the ARM did wonders to drive up prices and trick people into buying houses they couldnt afford. You came blame that on the gullible American. Then when the baloon burst and prices dropped alot of people were left holding debts larger than what their house was worth because they went whoopie and refinancing and cashing out the equity they had but don't now. If the government wanted to stop it then the senate or house should have done something. Remember the Pres. cannot introduce a bill to the floor of either. He can recomend things to them but I doubt they would have listened as they were doing the same with their own homes. You should see how many of them have bankrupted not 1 but 2 buisinesses and themselves personaly over the years.
    And as far as the illeagal voting thing. I keep saying that I'm not talking about past elections. I don't think they had anything to do with them. But we must make sure for future elections nothing happens. And if you don't think that some of the things the liberals have been doing in terms of trying to give drivers licenses to them, which leads to ID to get voters ID's your blind.
    AZM
    The National Debt today is 9.16 trillion dollars. By the time Bush leaves office the Debt will have increased 5 trillion dollars. By far the largest increase under a single administration in history. Whether you understand this or not a Govt can not increase spending and cut taxes and survive for very long.
    If you believe that Mr. Bush has done great with any part if his job, including the economy, you're in for a very rude awakening. Your analogy with regard to a budget surplus and a balanced budget, during the previous administration was weak at best. You must have forgotten that Clinton had a Republican house and senate keeping tight reigns on spending. Again, a balanced budget
    No one is blaming only the President for the price of oil. However, his efforts to protect the flow of Mid East oil have done little with regard to supply.
    Here's one for you. Have you ever thought about where all of the Iraqi oil money has gone the past 5 years? Give that one some thought. Have you ever thought about why the US is footing the entire bill to stablize Iraq, and them some?
    And again, under Bush, the price of oil has gone up nearly 400%. With this increase comes an price increase across the board for all transport related goods. The Treasury has pumped new money into the system at least once under Bush. Yet we are fed a line of BS that the dollars remains strong. A Canadian dollar is now worth more than a US dollar. The list is endless.
    You seem like a sincere person who believes what you are saying is true. I admire and respect that. I suspect that someday you will have a better understanding of the big picture.
    Take care
    PS. Based on the link you provided the National Debt went up about 1.4 trillion under Clinton. Under Bush, it will be about 5 trillion.

AzMandella
    AZM
    The National Debt today is 9.16 trillion dollars. By the time Bush leaves office the Debt will have increased 5 trillion dollars. By far the largest increase under a single administration in history. Whether you understand this or not a Govt can not increase spending and cut taxes and survive for very long.
    If you believe that Mr. Bush has done great with any part if his job, including the economy, you're in for a very rude awakening. Your analogy with regard to a budget surplus and a balanced budget, during the previous administration was weak at best. You must have forgotten that Clinton had a Republican house and senate keeping tight reigns on spending. Again, a balanced budget
    No one is blaming only the President for the price of oil. However, his efforts to protect the flow of Mid East oil have done little with regard to supply.
    Here's one for you. Have you ever thought about where all of the Iraqi oil money has gone the past 5 years? Give that one some thought. Have you ever thought about why the US is footing the entire bill to stablize Iraq, and them some?
    And again, under Bush, the price of oil has gone up nearly 400%. With this increase comes an price increase across the board for all transport related goods. The Treasury has pumped new money into the system at least once under Bush. Yet we are fed a line of BS that the dollars remains strong. A Canadian dollar is now worth more than a US dollar. The list is endless.
    You seem like a sincere person who believes what you are saying is true. I admire and respect that. I suspect that someday you will have a better understanding of the big picture.
    Take care
    PS. Based on the link you provided the National Debt went up about 1.4 trillion under Clinton. Under Bush, it will be about 5 trillion.
    Cutting taxes increases spending. More spending means more taxes. That is one thing that people seem to disagree with the most. I'm not sure where to find it again but federal revenue is at an alltime high.Here is a link that shows GDP and revenue(money comig in) hitting alltime highs in 2005. Tax cuts do increase income. and here is the proof.
    http://www.heritage.org/research/fea...harts_R/r1.cfm
    Yes it will be one of the largest debt increases for a single president. But based on inflation how many presidents have had to deal with as much tradgedy as Bush has. A big part of the the additional dept is due to disaster relief and war. How many hurricanes did Clinton have to apprpriate money to clean up. There are alot of factors that most presidents have not had to deal with. Hell Florida hurricanes and Katrina took aclose to trillion on it's own. Not just the rebuilding but all the hotel bills,fuel costs, and other expenditures that go beyond just total damage estimates. Like I said he has made mistakes but he has had to deal with far more than any Pre. in 50 yrs. Not to mention taking alot of heat for stuff that was not his fault. Like the Mayor and Govenor of Luisiana(sp) blaming him for not reacting quick enough. And then the media ran with it when the truth was it was their responsibillty to start evacuations. And they did nothing. And then placed the blame elswhere.and the general public bought it.
    and as far as Iraqi oil you must know something I don't because as far as I know the U.N. embargo said no money could be exchanged but food could be. The Food for Oil Embargo. Of course when we did go into Iraq we found out the French had been giving him billions. Breaking the embargo and giving him the means to continue his quest for WMD's. Imagine what could have come to be if that had continued for years had we not gone in.

AzMandella
    Notice that under Clinton the individual household tax burden was higher than any other. Bush is a close second. It's just an example of the how the smoke and mirror tricks can misslead people. Especially when you have a modern press that only reports the news in a fashon that helps their agenda instead of reporting impartially.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Cutting taxes increases spending. More spending means more taxes. That is one thing that people seem to disagree with the most. I'm not sure where to find it again but federal revenue is at an alltime high.Here is a link that shows GDP and revenue(money comig in) hitting alltime highs in 2005. Tax cuts do increase income. and here is the proof.
    http://www.heritage.org/research/fea...harts_R/r1.cfm
    Yes it will be one of the largest debt increases for a single president. But based on inflation how many presidents have had to deal with as much tradgedy as Bush has. A big part of the the additional dept is due to disaster relief and war. How many hurricanes did Clinton have to apprpriate money to clean up. There are alot of factors that most presidents have not had to deal with. Hell Florida hurricanes and Katrina took aclose to trillion on it's own. Not just the rebuilding but all the hotel bills,fuel costs, and other expenditures that go beyond just total damage estimates. Like I said he has made mistakes but he has had to deal with far more than any Pre. in 50 yrs. Not to mention taking alot of heat for stuff that was not his fault. Like the Mayor and Govenor of Luisiana(sp) blaming him for not reacting quick enough. And then the media ran with it when the truth was it was their responsibillty to start evacuations. And they did nothing. And then placed the blame elswhere.and the general public bought it.and as far as Iraqi oil you must know something I don't because as far as I know the U.N. embargo said no money could be exchanged but food could be. The Food for Oil Embargo. Of course when we did go into Iraq we found out the French had been giving him billions. Breaking the embargo and giving him the means to continue his quest for WMD's. Imagine what could have come to be if that had continued for years had we not gone in.
    "Cutting taxes increases spending. More spending means more taxes"
    Whether you understand this or not a Govt can not increase spending and cut taxes and survive for very long.
    My comment related to cutting taxes and increased Govt spending not working. Again, it does not work!
    Your continued defense of Bush and your other ramblings are a clear display of your inability to comprehend reality. I don't want to insult you any further.
    Have a nice day.
    Notice that under Clinton the individual household tax burden was higher than any other. Bush is a close second. It's just an example of the how the smoke and mirror tricks can misslead people. Especially when you have a modern press that only reports the news in a fashon that helps their agenda instead of reporting impartially.
    Just curious about what you view as smoke and mirror tricks?
    It is equally important for people to read and listen to the news impartially.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345