Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Car GPS

Boozer
    This year I've decided to get my mother a portable in car GPS unit.
    I have narrowed the choices down to the Garmin Street Pilot c330 and the TomTom One.
    Has anyone used either of these units?
    My mother isn't a very tech savy person so the easier it is to use the better off she is going to be.

dirty old man
    Tom Tom One XL or XS, it will talk to her

uvindex
    Consumer Reports gave the Tom Tom One a "CR Best Buy" a few months ago, and that was using its retail price of $300.
    It's been on sale recently for $130-$150 and for that price it's an awesome deal.
    (I have an older Magellan and haven't used the Tom Tom myself, but it has been well-reviewed.)
    Good luck.
    edit: The same Consumer Reports story also gave the Street Pilot c330 a "CR Best Buy" but the Tom Tom One was rated higher (73 pts versus 69 pts).

SOCALDETAIL1
    The best gift I gave my mom last Christmas. She will love it.

jenstar23
    I have the Tom Tom One and it has come in handy in many situations. I really like how it will tell you--with plenty of time to spare--when you have a turn coming up. Sometimes it picks odd routes because they are the quickest it can find.
    It is pretty user friendly, and it is highly customizable. I do not know how old your mom is, but if she is anything like mine (mid 50s, needs reading glasses), I would suggest the XL because the regular One's screen is on the small size.

27 Awesome cat
    The Pioneer AVIC-S2 is a great Portable GPS.

ULTRA26 # 1
    The Garmin Nuvi Series are nice portables.

Jyruiz
    Tom Toms are very user friendly, but there ETA's are the worst out of all the GPS systems out there.

Boozer
    So I got her the Tom Tom One.
    She must call me at least once a week in a complete panic because she's lost and needs directions. Hopefully this will cut down on my frustration and hers.
    Thanks for the info.

Froggystyle
    She must call me at least once a week in a complete panic because she's lost and needs directions. Hopefully this will cut down on my frustration and hers.
    Wow... She is a ninja at dropping hints!
    I need to phone Audrey a couple of times a day asking her to help me tune my guitar over the phone... Maybe she will get the hint...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast