Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if

Blown 472
    the economy tanks, who get the blame?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Good question.

donzi5150
    Everyone......Unemployemnt at one the lowest points in a long sustaied period, DOW growth through the roof, New business opening and opportunites due to the tax cuts, what else can be done.....one of the bigest problems with the economy is over anxious lenders giving loans to everyone and beyond their means and stupid people seeking them out and defaulting............Is that Bush's fault? I would not even blame Pelosi as much as I hate her.......:idea:

Schiada76
    YOU!

donzi5150
    YOU!
    Love it!

ULTRA26 # 1
    YOU!
    LMAO

Historically the ecomomy tanks in cycles. So historically who is at fault?
    My opinion is human nature. Greed. Before a tank, everything gets driven out of reality (boom), then comes back to reality (tank).
    However in this case it may go deeper. I think you may have to ask who started and who continued to encourage US manufacturing business moving offshore by creating government policies encouraging it along with outsoursing? (much to do with greed for the short term in exchange for trouble in the long term).
    Who allowed and encouraged continued illegal immigration to help run our governments at all levels towards bankruptcy? People who were US citizens did these jobs before the influx of illegal Mexicans so I don't buy that argument.
    Who created and continues to support bullshit foreign aid to countries that would just stab the US in the back given the opportunity? Wasting of billions over time in many cases.
    I don't see any one clear cut answer to that as it's been occurring for many many years now covering several presidents and several congresses both dem and rep. And I think there are factors here not present in prior historical down cycles. The result of the tank may be the same or may prove to be much worse than history would predict.

Blown 472
    Historically the ecomomy tanks in cycles. So historically who is at fault?
    My opinion is human nature. Greed. Before a tank, everything gets driven out of reality (boom), then comes back to reality (tank).
    However in this case it may go deeper. I think you may have to ask who started and who continued to encourage US manufacturing business moving offshore by creating government policies encouraging it along with outsoursing? (much to do with greed for the short term in exchange for trouble in the long term).
    Who allowed and encouraged continued illegal immigration to help run our governments at all levels towards bankruptcy? People who were US citizens did these jobs before the influx of illegal Mexicans so I don't buy that argument.
    Who created and continues to support bullshit foreign aid to countries that would just stab the US in the back given the opportunity? Wasting of billions over time in many cases.
    I don't see any one clear cut answer to that as it's been occurring for many many years now covering several presidents and several congresses both dem and rep. And I think there are factors here not present in prior historical down cycles. The result of the tank may be the same or may prove to be much worse than history would predict.
    And that is what scares the shit out of me.

bigq
    Greenspan and the Federal Reserve
    Although Rex has a good point from a different view.

riverfun
    Every single elected official! Both Dem and Rep They do not worry about the future, only today, and enriching themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast