Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: ford or chevy

Then lets look at it another way. Lets look at these two engines in a totally stock form. If that bore spacing and rod ratio were that big of a performance advantage then those stock 460s{which still had the advantage of the spacing and ratio} wouldnt have been such SLUGS. An old stock 8.5 to1 454 would just walk all over one of them. I've owned several of each and I can tell you "NO ADVANTAGE" :idea: I'm a chevy man at heart but I'm not saying that a ford wont run , I'm just telling you dont go adding up all of those positives cause they also have some negatives to, Like cylinder head sealing sucks [to few bolts, no matter how big they are], weak mains[ever seen a main girdle on a chevy?]. We'll just leave the girdles for you girlly ford guys to wear around. Just funnin with ya , run what you want but dont go thinking that your brand doesnt have its weaknessesWeak mains? You don't know much about Fords, do you? Its apparent you don't by some of the statements you are making....Cylinder head sealing? no cookie for you on this one either, 4 bolts per cylinder seals just fine, thank you. I've seen more Chevys with cylinder head sealing problems than Fords especially when you toss in the bolt hole/water jacket problem and don't forget the deck cracking problem all stock BBC blocks seem to have. One thing you are correct on....no engine is perfect, they all have their weaknesses but if you are going to blather about the weaknesses of Fords at least know what you are talking about.:idea:

Weak mains? You don't know much about Fords, do you? Its apparent you don't by some of the statements you are making....Cylinder head sealing? no cookie for you on this one either, 4 bolts per cylinder seals just fine, thank you. I've seen more Chevys with cylinder head sealing problems than Fords especially when you toss in the bolt hole/water jacket problem and don't forget the deck cracking problem all stock BBC blocks seem to have. One thing you are correct on....no engine is perfect, they all have their weaknesses but if you are going to blather about the weaknesses of Fords at least know what you are talking about.:idea:
    If you think 4 bolts per cylinder is enough then you've never made enough cylinder pressure to make hp for sh-t. And if your going to BLATHER it would be good to know what your talking about,gm performance blocks dont have the head bolts into the water jacket and i've never seen one with a cracked deck.Those are " some " of the weeknesses of the ford and I have witnessed them personally. So go ahead and blather on

So I suppose the GM Performance blocks are like Fords with blind head bolt holes. Trouble is you have to buy a over-the-counter block for this feature as the stock BBC does not have this. And if you need all those little 7/16" head bolts to keep gaskets in your engine then it is you that should learn something about making horsepower. Since you are in the mood to blather tell me of these weak mains you seem to know so much about?

steelcomp
    If you think 4 bolts per cylinder is enough then you've never made enough cylinder pressure to make hp for sh-t. And if your going to BLATHER it would be good to know what your talking about,gm performance blocks dont have the head bolts into the water jacket and i've never seen one with a cracked deck.Those are " some " of the weeknesses of the ford and I have witnessed them personally. So go ahead and blather onHass...
    I'm just curious as to what the most HP YOU'VE ever made, 'cause you're really starting to sound like you don't know WTF you're talking about. :sqeyes:

tell me of these weak mains you seem to know so much about?
    Have you ever ran a main girdle in your ford? Why?

Hass...
    I'm just curious as to what the most HP YOU'VE ever made, 'cause you're really starting to sound like you don't know WTF you're talking about. :sqeyes:
    Plenty, and all I am speaking of are the facts if you boys cant handle the truth then maybe you should start a thread called Ford peeps only. How much hp per cid have you made ?

Have you ever ran a main girdle in your ford? Why?
    No

No
    What are they for? why are they out there?

Blown 472
    Perhaps Lakes could tell us about his buddies nitro burning stock block and crank, cast crank ford that ran on nitro??? how many chivys have done that?

What are they for? why are they out there?To make idiots like you ask stupid questions.