Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ford or chevy

Because ya don't have to mod the oiling system to get them to withstand extended high RPM use!
    And what modifications would those be?

Blown 472
    And what modifications would those be?
    You know the one where you have to weld the pick up to the oil pump so it doesn't fall off.

Jetaholic
    I've heard something about having to add an extra drainback hole in the lifter galley...there's one for ya.

I've heard something about having to add an extra drainback hole in the lifter galley...there's one for ya. Wrong again...as usual. Try again and no cookie for you.

You know the one where you have to weld the pick up to the oil pump so it doesn't fall off.Or the one where you need to modify the oil pump to prevent spark scatter? Those spur gear pumps are deffently a technological breakthru in oiling, Ford stopped using those in the early 50s about the time the GM engineers finally figured out how to put an oil pump on their Chevy engines.

Blown 472
    Or the one where you need to modify the oil pump to prevent spark scatter? Those spur gear pumps are deffently a technological breakthru in oiling, Ford stopped using those in the early 50s about the time the GM engineers finally figured out how to put an oil pump on their Chevy engines.
    Then there is that whole 5 7 swap thing

steelcomp
    It's a lot easier. Thats why I run Chevy.
    TommyThat's why most sheeple run Chevys. They're easy. :notam: Just about anyone can go to Pep Boys and build a hot rod Chevy.
    There's doing it easy, or there's doing it better.

River Rat 005
    OH BOY!!!!!! Here we go again!!!!!!!:argue::boxingguy::cry:

Sleeper CP
    OH BOY!!!!!! Here we go again!!!!!!!:argue::boxingguy::cry:
    This is the nice thread. The one on "just jet's" got out of hand
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

ol guy
    Not keeping score but on the spare parts and parts availiability chevy EQUALS easy. Ford is just as easy and cheaper if you know how to do it. Just for SH$TS and giggles. 1980 southwind tunnel at NJBA off the trailer first pass in 1980 92mph. 429 tunnel ram and headers with the stuff I won't post. Then 1995 I played with a 1978 suothwind 18ft V-bottom jet, Single 850 and bottom and pump intake mods and GPS'd at 82mph and pulled skiers all day. THE BEST PART IS. ITS NOT WHO MADE IT IT IS HOW YOU BUILD IT AND CREATE A COMBO THAT WORKS TOGETHER. Ford GM chrysler They will all run if you just build a combo.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast