Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I was amazed

BOOGEYMAN
    Have you ever checked the bearings?

IMPATIENT 1
    I hope it works ?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    comes with a fresh check out receipt from msd i'm not stupid, just thifty and its not hard to test and see if they work.

BrendellaJet
    That's kind of my point. I don't want a box. It's just another thing that can take a shit. My boat is a family cruiser and a ski boat. I try to keep it as simple as possible. If I feel the need for more juice, I'll get started on that spare block I've got on the stand in the garage. (stroker and replacement for this one when she goes).
    Dan thats killer news. Im getting ready to go NOS so your results are encouraging.
    About the MSD though, those things rarely fail. And when they do its more than likely installer error(bad ground) The chances of getting a bad one from the factory will be realized before you are on the water(wont get stranded) and worst case, you can always bypass the box and get moving again.
    This way you can pour on more NOS and get to the stroker sooner

Dan thats killer news. Im getting ready to go NOS so your results are encouraging.
    About the MSD though, those things rarely fail. And when they do its more than likely installer error(bad ground) The chances of getting a bad one from the factory will be realized before you are on the water(wont get stranded) and worst case, you can always bypass the box and get moving again.
    This way you can pour on more NOS and get to the stroker sooner
    I reckon I'm not totally against the box. At least I haven't completely ruled it out. It just runs so good I don't want to mess with it now. I'm on a tight budget this winter so I'm going to POR (press on regardless). Next winter I believe I'll order the stroker kit and get going in that direction. The good news is it looks like she'll last another season (fingers crossed).
    Have you ever checked the bearings?
    Honestly............no. I'm not going to pull it apart this winter either. Going to try to make it at least one more year as is. I know Dan used all the best parts when he assembled it (all ARP fastners, Federal Mogul bearings, Total Seal piston rings etc.) so I'm pretty sure they'll make it til next winter.

IMPATIENT 1
    shit, i bet the bearings still look new too. bbf's take abuse like no other stock block i've ran. when i tore down the 20yr old bbf in my sj for rebuild to handle nitrous, the all oe bearings looked new, so did the crank, skirts, pistons, bore. love the size of the head bolts too! i mic'd the crank, no eggin or anything. i polished it up,looked new, sprayed it with cosmolene and stuck it in the corner.still have the football rods outta that motor.

IMPATIENT 1
    I reckon I'm not totally against the box. At least I haven't completely ruled it out. It just runs so good I don't want to mess with it now. I'm on a tight budget this winter so I'm going to POR (press on regardless). Next winter I believe I'll order the stroker kit and get going in that direction. The good news is it looks like she'll last another season (fingers croseed).
    Honestly............no. I'm not going to pull it apart this winter either. Going to try to make it at least one more year as is. I know Dan used all the best parts when he assembled it (all ARP fastners, Federal Mogul bearings, Total Seal piston rings etc.) so I'm pretty sure they'll make it til next winter.
    runnin a msd ignition for you would help. i know your current set-up may be working great but when the nitrous is on, i bet its not. think of what happens when you mash the button. cylinder pressure sky rockets and it takes a hella current to pass spark thru it. you can have so much cylinder pressure that it'll blow out your spark or not let it spark period.

BLEWBAYOU1
    That's a good old Ford for ya!

YeLLowBoaT
    If it was a CHEVY you would'nt be amazed.
    Sorry squirtcha, you left that one wide open.
    Seriously, goes to show you that NOS run correctly
    is not hard on parts
    yeah if it was a chey it would have never made it past the 1st season...

camoman
    That's a good old Ford for ya!Yep thats why we use them because they last more than one or possibly two seasons

BrendellaJet
    runnin a msd ignition for you would help. i know your current set-up may be working great but when the nitrous is on, i bet its not. think of what happens when you mash the button. cylinder pressure sky rockets and it takes a hella current to pass spark thru it. you can have so much cylinder pressure that it'll blow out your spark or not let it spark period.
    You should see the coil hes running. :jawdrop: I doubt his cylinder pressure is blowing the flame out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast