Glad to hear someone is having good luck with the mallory unilite,I burned up 2 modules,swapped over to msd and never had an issue again.I got a 466 in my boat and my son and i put it together 2 yrs ago and still runs strong. I love my ford motor.....
Had excellent luck with the Mallory. Bought the boat about 10 years ago and the distributor was one of the first changes I made. It's worked flawlessly ever since. I've got a buddy that runs the same one and he's never had any problems either.
Heard stories of guys shearing off distributor gear pins, but never module failures. Still running the original shear pin too. I've got a spare module in my tool box, but it's still in the original packaging (haven't needed it fingers crossed).
I even do the ultimate "no no" according to Mallory tech support, by charging the battery with the distributor connected.
You should check the wrist pins and pin bores nitrous is hard on them.
You might be right there. I'll check em next year. You can laugh at me and tell me "I told ya so", if it doesn't make it through the next season of running.