Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shallow water launching

Danhercules
    I have been reading a lot of people having problems launching when the water is low. The trailer going off the concrete, holes in the dirt, ect. I bought a tandum trailer this year. Its from a Miller. It has fiberglass fenders and she floats. Yes, the trailer floats. Why dont I see more of them? It seems to be perfect. My boat goes on and off sooo nice. The top 2 inches of the fenders stay dry. There is no worry about backing too far down, or how far to back down. I have to admit it took a little getting use to, but I love it. I just wanted to know why more people dont have them.

skeepwerkzaz
    eek! Floating trailer eek!
    Damn, I am pretty sure mine weighs twice as much as my boat.
    Skeep
    [ October 15, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: skeepwerkzaz ]

victorfb
    ive seen Dans trailer. its pretty cool. the only thing id worry about is launching at a ramp that the water is moving a bit. (ie. river) hey dan, does the trailer move from side to side when the water currant moves around? i guess for a pro launcher such as yourself your too quik to even notice.
    actually Dan and his wife are pretty good at it. atta boy dan for teaching her well.

miller19j
    Aren’t Miller trailers Cool!
    Its really cool when some idiot in a bass boat ties up behind you and blocks you at the ramp. You just push your trailer over a little and drive right on.

Danhercules
    If I go too far, yea it will. As I said, it takes a little getting use to. But I think we got it down now.
    Thanks Vic, I cannot wait to back down the new Rogers of yours!!!

miller19j
    victorfb:
    ive seen Dans trailer. its pretty cool. the only thing id worry about is launching at a ramp that the water is moving a bit. (ie. river) hey dan, does the trailer move from side to side when the water currant moves around? i guess for a pro launcher such as yourself your too quik to even notice.
    actually Dan and his wife are pretty good at it. atta boy dan for teaching her well. Yes they do move around even if there is a small current. I usually have my wife hold it when we are launching (me in the boat) and I hold on to it when we are retrieving (her in the boat).
    It’s second nature once you get use to it.

Jungle Boy
    A floating trailer!! That would be a wild thing to park on in a fast moving river eek! , but good in a lake. I've never heard of one.

Dat's cool, but I'm still waiting for the one that connects and disconnects itself (to and from the truck). As soon as it's available............I'm gettin one.
    [ October 15, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

DansBlown73Nordic
    Floating Trailers???? eek! Are you Jet boat guys OK???

Danhercules
    I am dead f-ing serious. When I backin, the top of the fenders stay dry. I can move the trailer side to side and rotate the wheels underwater. I launched at Telephone cove (I think thats it) on the dirt and other people were having problems cause the holes in the dirt. I was told to move over cause of the hole, I did not move, did not have to tires where not on the ground. I guy wanted to know how I did it, I told him, my trailer floats! Should have seen the look on his face!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast