Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mandatory Lanyard Wear for Nevada Boaters

Wicky
    Wow.. it's all about the Benjamins?
    Sorry, I don't buy that old and worn out one this time...we've all seen the clueless ones liquored up while the kids run amok.. we've even seen them cruise the channels, Moabi, Lakes etc.. with the kids un-vested and underway while paying little or no attention to the world around them. If one more kid gets to go home from a weekend at the river, or one fewer person get's chopped by their own prop when they get bucked over the gunnel, than it's worth it.
    Darwin rules

Wicky
    OK, so you are smarter than the boaters that have been run over by their own boat. This law doesn't change anything for you, or me.......But the people that have the lanyard and don't use it could be affected. It could save their life. It could save you or I from running over someone in the middle of the lake without a boat around.....It could save kids on the beach when an un driven boat charges the shoreline....Stupid?......Maybe. But some people are stupid and are just limping through life.......Ah, the same ones with the showroom boats with unused lanyards, and very little boating experience.........Safety is safety, we need all we can get...........MP
    PS: I agree about cages in cars. Helmets may be a bit of a reach....
    Whats wrong with helmets...you can never be too safe...it could save one more life right???? When does it stop??

Wicky
    Sorry, I don't buy that old and worn out one this time...we've all seen the clueless ones liquored up while the kids run amok.. we've even seen them cruise the channels, Moabi, Lakes etc.. with the kids un-vested and underway while paying little or no attention to the world around them. If one more kid gets to go home from a weekend at the river, or one fewer person get's chopped by their own prop when they get bucked over the gunnel, than it's worth it.
    I never said there shouldn't be a stupidity law...

Wicky
    I repeat...
    I never said there shouldn't be a stupidity law...

JetBoatRich
    What about all of us guys with old boats that don't have lanyards?
    I read the handout and it said it is mandatory if your vessel is equiped with a lanyard

Know one gets in my boat without a vest.

Zaairman
    I read the handout and it said it is mandatory if your vessel is equiped with a lanyard
    Somebody didn't read half the posts in this thread...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234