Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Help Norton?????

delemorte
    NOD 32. 40 bucks a year but its the best thing out there.
    http://www.eset.com/
    free 30 day trial. check it out.

I use Kaspersky. It is fine for me. Not free but worth every penny.
    Free, I would download the Zone alarm trial version. Then just re- do it every 30 days. Or try it then buy it. It's around $45.00 a year Ithink.
    Tommy
    10-4 on that... I run the same thing on my units.

boaterh
    I have been using AVG anti virus ( free version) and AVG anti spy ware for a couple of years and no problems. Had Norton previously with many issues.

Cole Sanger
    OK,, here's how to fix that..
    1. Click on the Start Menu
    2. Go to control panel
    3. Go to Add/Remove Programs
    4. Find any program that has anything to do with Norton (Live Update,
    Norton Anti-Virus, etc... and remove them.
    5. Take the discs and microwave them for 5 minutes, ensuring that you
    won't be able to install them.
    6. Get a different Anti-virus program.
    I had (and am still having) issues with Norton Internet Security 2008. I paid for a premium online consultant to fix the problem. They screwed up my hard drive and operating systems on my laptop so bad that I ended up having to get a new harddive from Gateway to fix the issue. Now the home computer is starting to have issues.
    I have always been a firm believer in their product but now, McAfee and AVG are looking really good.
    Norton just killed my wifes laptop hard drive. It was Norton 360. We put it on three computers. Now my home desktop is getting slower by the second. I am going to remove it and put on the free McAfee my work gives out. It is the corporate version that has no extra crap.

pancho
    Yellowboat same here,first time i had an issue they sent me to the tech dept and asked for the credit card number i would like to bill this to,i explained i was a paying customer and they said tech support was extra,how many ways can you tell a company to **** themselves,best part was the e-mail asking why i was not renewing my subscription,i would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one!

~FM
    AVG Free (last column) (http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/)

RaceFace
    NOD32......www.eset.com.
    The only thing worth a damn out there that doesn't tax the resources of the system....and catches everything...well, at least catches more than Norton does.

Patyacht
    Dump Norton, get AVG.

Formula Dude
    Click on below, its CNET's download site. On the right side is "Most popular downloads". #1, 2 or 13 are good to have installed on your puter.
    http://www.download.com/?tag=cnetfd.dir

BajaMike
    There you have it. Also, unless you NEED a mail client for an office environment, I personally would stay away from your outlook. It is, I believe, the number 1 resource for phishing and spreading viruses through the phone book.
    In fact, can one of the gurus' clarify this?
    Tommy
    Outlook in Office 2003 and Office 2007 has very good phishing, junk mail and virus protection (especially if you are working off an Exchange Server that is properly protected). I wouldn't use anything else.
    Outlook Express in junk!
    What else is there??
    :idea:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12