Thread: End of season thanks from CBR

Squirtin Thunder
    The 2007 SCSC Nostalgia Jet season was very tough. There were a lot of ups, downs & close calls for Code Blue Racing. It was very difficult to make each race, with rising costs & work schedules. We somehow managed to make each race at the last minute. I think the trip to Burley stands out the most. We gave ourselves plenty of time to get there, at least one day ahead. Sometimes no matter how much time you give yourself, it just doesnÂ’t workout. About an hour outside of Las Vegas, we lost a speedometer drive gear. Any of you who know electronic transmissions, know they donÂ’t work worth a darn without input. So we drove the remaining seven hours at 55mph, all the way to Burley, hitting more rabbits than I knew existed, using twice the fuel & shot our travel budget all to hell. We show up in Burley Friday morning at 11:30 am, just in time to suit up for the Comp Jet Shootout Qualification runs. Being this was my first trip to Burley, I had to do a ballpark tune up in the boat. We were close enough to qualify & take a Comp Jet Shootout 3rd place finish. The overall Burley experience gave me more drive & excitement to carry me through the remainder of the season.
    The SCSC has been a great organization to race with, Ross Wallach and his staff did their best to get the jet boats on the water at each and every event. Rolph Salmons gave the Nostalgia Jets an opportunity to put on some exhibition races at the NJBA drag boat events in Bakersfield. I would like to thank All the NJBA staff for allowing us that opportunity. The SCSC season finally had a fantastic showing for the Nostalgia Jets. We had one incident & no injuries, but a lot of good racing. The Parker 300 Enduro has been my nemesis since 2005. In October 05, I was lucky to make 8 laps, and then in October 06, we broke on lap three and were able to squeak out one more lap. The 2007 Parker 300 basically was a huge victory, even though we were only able to complete 87 miles. I feel very fortunate and thankful for the help and support that I have received in the past season. We finished second overall for 2007 in the Nostalgia Jet Class.
    Our sincere thanks go out to the following very important sponsors:
    Ranchos Havasu Estates & David Varty, Veronica Paladori and Guy Hargreaves
    Atlas Plastering & Toby Clark
    Anaheim Chevrolet & Jay Photoglue
    GS Marine & Greg Shoemaker
    Marrone & Sons & Ben Marrone
    Foxwell Motorsports & Scott Foxwell
    ARS Marine & George Pataki
    Just Jet Boats.com & Shawn Demerit
    Jet Boat Performance & Tom, Rhonda and Josh
    Highflow Dynamics & Paul Kane
    Tour Havasu Homes.com & Lew Jabro
    Boat Racing Facts.com & Ron Hill and Family
    Triad Performance Marine & Don Baca
    Steve Neville Trucking
    Socaljetboats.com & Brad Martin
    Chuck & Son Signs & Chuck Eichelberger
    Independent Street Rods & Josh Edwards
    Wet-n-Wild Twisted Motorsports & Brian and Dave
    DÂ’Cucci Boats & Don and Joey Cucci
    E Performance Marine & Donna, my wife, and Amanda, my daughter, without whose help and support none of this would have happened.
    There are a few special individuals that have helped Code Blue Racing through this fun & exciting season. These individuals offered support & technical insight throughout the season. Some of these people helped me at the races on different occasions. I want to thank Tony Wagner for stepping up, assuming the position of crew chief. This is all new and exciting for him and it has taken a lot of his spare time. For this dedication I thank him. Art & Ray, without the two of you, those 87 miles at the Parker 300 would not have been possible, my extreme thanks to both of you.
    I would also like to thank:
    Scott Foxwell – Foxwell Motorsports
    Paul Kane - Highflow Dynamics
    Dave Jones - Aggressor Jet Drives
    Roger Finney – Wild Injun Racing/Finney Powder Coating
    Shawn Demeret - Advanced Computer Management
    Mike – Rex Marine
    Tom Papp
    Bob Prigmore
    Chris Starkweather - Marine Performance Design
    Dave Sammons
    Terry Valore
    Don & Joey Cucci – D’Cucci Boats
    Chris Straub – Straub Technologies
    Carl - Cars By Carl
    Brian Irish

pw_Tony
    Very cool
    testing anytime soon? :devil:

Moneypitt
    Very cool
    testing anytime soon? :devil:
    C'mon, this is Jim..we've got 89 days to Ming. He won't have the engine in until 89 minutes before he leaves 4-6 hours late.:sqeyes: And then only if Amanda stays home from school...... .......Ray

76miller
    Whats up Jim ? How was the oil pressure w/ that new pan ??

pw_Tony
    C'mon, this is Jim..we've got 89 days to Ming. He won't have the engine in until 89 minutes before he leaves 4-6 hours late.:sqeyes: And then only if Amanda stays home from school...... .......Ray
    LOL