Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bald Man revisited....

Anyone wanna take a guess as to what motor is pushing the boat for this shot?
    Considering how popular they are with you tin-boat guys, I'll say ZZ4 crate motor.

Jungle Boy
    I'm embarrassed with all this attention
    355 hp, ZZ4 is correct.
    The girl was free but she had plenty of offer for warming her up.

I give you guys up there in the "COLD" maaaad respect!
    But i just cant get over the windshield deal, and i totally understand that a glass hull will not live up to the beating your aluminum boats take, im sure they will be here looong after my glass boat has come and gone, but is there an aluminum boat manufacturer that has a more "Softer" design and not so many hard lines?...kind of like a Sanger or Rogers looking hull, i know aluminum does not bend like a noodle but im sure that a jig could be made to get the look of a local (So.cal) boat (im talking about the sides at the rear).
    I guess what im trying to say is...if there were a manufacturer that could build a boat to my specifications, i'd be on this deal like a crack ***** on a piece of chalk!
    Hope not to have offended anyone!
    Todd

The Numbers and the Canadian sweety are both cool Thanks Tom

Xerophobic
    I give you guys up there in the "COLD" maaaad respect!
    But i just cant get over the windshield deal, and i totally understand that a glass hull will not live up to the beating your aluminum boats take, im sure they will be here looong after my glass boat has come and gone, but is there an aluminum boat manufacturer that has a more "Softer" design and not so many hard lines?...kind of like a Sanger or Rogers looking hull, i know aluminum does not bend like a noodle but im sure that a jig could be made to get the look of a local (So.cal) boat (im talking about the sides at the rear).
    I guess what im trying to say is...if there were a manufacturer that could build a boat to my specifications, i'd be on this deal like a crack ***** on a piece of chalk!
    Hope not to have offended anyone!
    Todd
    No offense taken Todd. That particular high window look is a funny beast, some love em, some hate em. In many cases it will be what you're used to and obviously you guys haven't been exposed to this like... ever. I'll admit Im still sorta on the border about them myself. I definatly dont like them on the bigger boats when they get wide enough to need a center window. But that pointed window like in Dave's boat has a very "stealth fighter" look to it and its such a nice boat in terms of carving through some shallows but still being comfortable to rip down the river on a cooler evening with 3-4 guys its hard to argue about. I definatly wont discount the boat on the windsheild alone.
    To answer your question its simply about logistics. We just couldnt justify building that boat. We all know there is about zero market for it in the big picture. Im not even sure myself (Maybe you can tell me) How many companies are even still building new glass hulls like you describe? Take that same demand and reduce it by about 80% because of the much higher price of the alloy hull and you can see its just not feasable.
    In the meantime Ill just keep working on ya till the hull design grows on you
    Cheers

I hear ya! lol
    I guess i am not totally turned off by the boat, im sure the windshield helps out quite a bit with the weather, i would just like to see a few variations of these aluminum hulls, maybe something like a true tunnell hull, like a Daytona or a Stealth like in my avitar, that would be sick! i definitly like the 13" mud hole boats that run hard into the turns! i want one of those in a real bad way, no matter what they look like! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12