Thread: Liquid Stucco / Never Paint

BADBLOWN572
    Anyone ever use this product or install it? It says that it is guaranteed for 25 years and you will never have to paint your house. My house is in desperate need of paint and saw the infomercial on TV. After doing more research, it seems that there are quite a few companies doing it. If you don't have to paint for 25 years, would probably be a good deal.

Jbb
    Anyone ever use this product or install it? It says that it is guaranteed for 25 years and you will never have to paint your house. My house is in desperate need of paint and saw the infomercial on TV. After doing more research, it seems that there are quite a few companies doing it. If you don't have to paint for 25 years, would probably be a good deal.
    Negative......There was a report on the local news about that stuff...and there were a bunch of angry homeowners showing the stuff peeling off their houses...The company that applied it blamed the manufacturer...they blamed the installer.....the manufacturer would not agree to a tv interview...large class action suit is in progress...

VAspectra
    if your house hasn't had paint applied over the original stucco, your best bet is to have a color coat applied. Stucco is a combination of white cement, silica sand and pigment. A color coat contains only the pigment and white cement. It is applied directly over your existing stucco, not changing the texture. It won't last 25yrs but if the stucco underneath is solid, it will give you many years of good service. Any plastering contractor can do this. I did a lot of them when I was a contractor in Canoga Park years ago.