Thread: droops

v-drive
    I am rebuilding my pump this winter and have been buying some parts for it.
    my boat is a 1978 eliminator mini day druiser (19 ft) with a 454 that is 030 over. my question is am I going to get any benifit from a droop snoot or is it a waste of money. Thanks v-drive

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    All the boats we have done have gained from the droop. Not ALL boats will gain from a droop but most will. If you can borrow one, I would test it first. This way you dont spend the $$$ if it doesnt work......

v-drive
    Thanks 396, I got a good deal on one awhile back from lilrick on here so if I don't see an improvement when i'm done i'll put it up for sale, or I can give it to Bow Tie Omega when he goes from panther to berkley.
    v-drive

OverKill
    I asume you already have a place diverter?? Remeber like said before droops will help out most boats, IMO about 90% of them. When you take it out for a test run with just the droop and if there is only a tiney bit of difference. Don't stop there, ask some peeps here if they have any wedges you can borrow. Start with a 4 degree wedge and go up or down from there. Wedging can play a crucial roll with a droop. You might only need 2 degrees or 6 degrees and even 4 degrees might work for you. The performance of the boat will only tell.
    OverKill

v-drive
    Thanks overkill, I will keep this all in mind. v-drive