Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Station wants to Charge me HELP!!!

Nord
    So last night, I pulled a bonehead. I was at the Shell station and started pumping gas, and went inside to go buy something (which I never usually do). I come out, and start to pull away from the pump and realize, I've never taken the actual pump gun dealio off of my truck. Well, right when I realized that, it was too late. It came disconnected at the pump. The gas didn't even spray anywhere because they have a ball valve thing that seals it off when disconnected.
    Now here is the deal. I've seen this happen before, and they just reconnect it by pushing the thing back in the joint where it connects. They tell me not to worry just leave it there.
    I just got a call about 20 minutes ago stating I owe them 150 bucks because they had to have a guy go out and put the thing back on.
    What should I do?? Had I known this, I would have reconnected the f*cker myself. I can't believe they would call me at like 6:10a:m as well. I'm pissed!!!
    I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

Jbb
    Tell them to F**k Off....Pulled pumps are just a cost of doing business...
    What's more ....Tell em if they ever call at 6 am again, you will disconnect his head...

YeLLowBoaT
    The hoses have breakway connections in them, they don't go back toegther. They cost about $150. Use to work nights at one in college.
    Pay it, say your sorry.

new2cats
    Tell them to pound sand...the disconnect is designed to be a "quick-change"....unless you broke the collar. They cannot charge your card without authorization!!! If they do, contest it. Also, threaten to contact the department of weights and measures as you believe their pump is "miscalculated"...they will be ...."bery, bery happy my friend to be forgetting about this whole incident...we are oh so sorry to have incovenienced you" (my lame attempt at Middle Eastern verbiage!!!)
    Good luck.....everyone does it one time in their life.
    PS-One of my buddies drove from Barstow to Vegas with the hose and handle still in his car....when he pulled up to the Valet at the Lake Las Vegas Hyatt, I met him and he looked like the biggest asswipe.......that is BONEHEAD!!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
    Tell them to pound sand...the disconnect is designed to be a "quick-change"....unless you broke the collar. They cannot charge your card without authorization!!! If they do, contest it. Also, threaten to contact the department of weights and measures as you believe their pump is "miscalculated"...they will be ...."bery, bery happy my friend to be forgetting about this whole incident...we are oh so sorry to have incovenienced you" (my lame attempt at Middle Eastern verbiage!!!)
    PS-One of my buddies drove from Barstow to Vegas with the hose and handle still in his car....when he pulled up to the Valet at the Lake Las Vegas Hyatt, I met him and he looked like the biggest asswipe.......that is BONEHEAD!!!!!
    you do know they don't have to charge your card for that 150... real simple they contact the CHP, give them your lic plate number and other info... you get a nice letter in the mail saying to pay up... if you don't... you will end up owing them more money as well as dealing with the CHP.

new2cats
    you do know they don't have to charge your card for that 150... real simple they contact the CHP, give them your lic plate number and other info... you get a nice letter in the mail saying to pay up... if you don't... you will end up owing them more money as well as dealing with the CHP.
    Probably right....just wondering where it is written or implied that this incident should cost the consumer.....it seems like it should be a normal part of doing business and that is is expected. It is not intentional mischief, vandalism, etc. Seems the same as dropping a huge glass jar of Jelly at the grocery store.....they just clean it up and say "have a nice day"...it is purely an occupational accident. Does it really cost $150 for the coupler?????
    $150 is not lots of $$$$ but is it really fair at $3.95 per gallon, a .40 cent tax, 30% profit and 100% mark-up on candy, sodas, etc? Do not forget the 1% loan for foreign folks who open a station with the SBA; with deferred payments.......BITE ME for that $150 Haji!!!
    F-in greed is the "special of the day"!!!
    I woke up pissed with a headache......:devil:

b's sanger
    Tell them to F**k Off....Pulled pumps are just a cost of doing business...
    What's more ....Tell em if they ever call at 6 am again, you will disconnect his head...
    BS, that is the going rate for a nozzle repair. Man-up and take care of it.

YeLLowBoaT
    Its technicly a collision and covered by your INS( but don't have your INS pay for it, you won't like it) Its not just a coupler you have to replace... its every thing from the coupler on.
    gas stations don't make as much money as you think, its more like 5-15% profit.

Jbb
    BS, that is the going rate for a nozzle repair. Man-up and take care of it.
    Bs... ...you pay it for him...
    He should go down there, and hand them a bill ....$200 surcharge for calling at 6am......demand your $50 change...

Waist Deep
    I'm trying to figure out the pound sand thing. Maybe we should make sure it wasn't at a quickie mart. They may take it personally.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast