Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Station wants to Charge me HELP!!!

Devilman
    So last night, I pulled a bonehead. I was at the Shell station and started pumping gas, and went inside to go buy something (which I never usually do). I come out, and start to pull away from the pump and realize, I've never taken the actual pump gun dealio off of my truck. Well, right when I realized that, it was too late. It came disconnected at the pump. The gas didn't even spray anywhere because they have a ball valve thing that seals it off when disconnected.
    Now here is the deal. I've seen this happen before, and they just reconnect it by pushing the thing back in the joint where it connects. They tell me not to worry just leave it there.
    I just got a call about 20 minutes ago stating I owe them 150 bucks because they had to have a guy go out and put the thing back on.
    What should I do?? Had I known this, I would have reconnected the f*cker myself. I can't believe they would call me at like 6:10a:m as well. I'm pissed!!!
    I feel like I'm getting ripped off.
    How do you think the pump nozzle feels?

Liberator TJ1984
    NORD , You Hosed Yourself !
    to the tune of $ 150
    most pumps have it posted on them that you the " user " are responsible should any damages occur to their equipment due to " operator Neglect "
    gotta read the fine print disclaimer

Nord
    I'm going to drive down there today and pay it. I wish I just put the thing back together myself.

new2cats
    NORD , You Hosed Yourself !
    to the tune of $ 150
    most pumps have it posted on them that you the " user " are responsible should any damages occur to their equipment due to " operator Neglect "
    gotta read the fine print disclaimer
    There ya go...that answers my question..if it is written, stated or implied you are sunk.....ignore my advice and pay them with a smile!!!!! I am always wrong anyway and end up in court!!!!

Jordy
    At least I didn't get charged $150
    That's because you have boobs.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1196869053

RiverToysJas
    I'm going to drive down there today and pay it. I wish I just put the thing back together myself.
    Well as long as you're wishing.....why don't you wish you put it away correctly before driving off? :idea:
    RTJas

Rattle Can Lou
    You gotta be kidding me. You rip this thing out and you want somebody else to pay for it?????? How old are you? Seriously. I bet you are under 35 years old. This is what's wrong with our society. I don't wanna be a dickhead, but this is a mind blower. Take care of your actions. Wasn't that the way you were brought up? I sure hope so.

Pay up! you did it. Next time use FULL SERVE then you won't be responsible if it happens again.

Miss Perfect
    Pay up! you did it. Next time use FULL SERVE then you won't be responsible if it happens again.
    Do they still have gas stations with full serve? I have not seen one in a LONG time.

RitcheyRch
    Is there still full service in CA?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast