Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what gun for the wife

BEER&WATER
    my wife wants a gun ( hand gun )she is 5' 2" small hands
    perfer an auto loader .... show pic's please

YeLLowBoaT
    take her to the range, rent as many as you can... which one feels good in her hand and what calibur she can shoot, is the one you should get...Don't look at name brands, what maters is what gun fits, lots of women have probs reaching things like safetys or triggers on some guns Don't rule out a revoler A 357( you can shoot 38s which is important for a women) with a 4 or 6 inch barrel is a valid option.( infact it what I recomend)
    Min for a auto is 9 mm, 32 H &R mag or 38 spl for a revoler.

Riomouse911
    Is it a CCW gun for the purse? Or one for the house only? Browning made a really nice double action .380 (mild recoil, fair power), as did Beretta.
    The Sig/Glock/full sized DA auto 9mm grips are probably going to be on the large size for her hands, but with a decent amount of practice she should be able to handle any 9mm...
    Tye Beretta, about 450 bucks:

riverbound
    I picked up one of these....you dont have to worry about teaching her to aim...she can just pull the trigger and let nature handle the rest
    http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/im...w-theJudge.jpg

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I have a .38 revolver and after shooting the 9mm Glock, I don't want to shoot mine ever again. It sucks.
    I agree with Yellowboat. Take her to the range and let her try several different types.
    5'2" small frame. Size 4 wedding ring should tell you how small my hands are

wfoflat
    I have a beretta tomcat as a carry pistol and my wife loves to shoot it she's also 5'2'' with small hands, it's an auto loader fits in your pocket and comes in 25 and 32 caliber. It is very small though.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I picked up one of these....you dont have to worry about teaching her to aim...she can just pull the trigger and let nature handle the rest
    http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/im...w-theJudge.jpg
    LOL

riverbound
    I bought my Ex-wife this one back when we were together. she didnt like the 9mm she had before (Walther PPK)
    http://products.berettausa.com/image...get_S_maxi.jpg
    Model Cat Code Action Sights Grips Caliber Total Length
    (inches) Barrel Length
    (inches) Magazine
    Capacity Weight Unloaded
    (oz) MSRP
    (USD)
    87 Target J87T010 Single Target Plastic 22 LR 8.8 5.9 10 29.4 $698

468miller
    get her a glock 23.mini .40, thats what i carry

77charger
    consider a .357magnum revolver.teach her with .38 specials then a couple .357 magnums(can shoot.38 specials in .357 but not the other way around).They usually have a smaller grip vs an auto(at least the doublestack mag guns do).But a single stack mag auto(1911s or other autos that hold less than 8 rounds)might be considered too.
    If a revolver doesnt fire just pull the trigger again with an auto you will have to be experienced to figure it out fast.
    I myself prefer the 1911s that what i shoot mainly besides rifles.But any new shooter i always recomend the revolver route due to the possible jam situations and they do make a good guns too even for experienced shooter.I want to buy another 44mag for camp/backpacking gun but just need the extra cash again.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast