Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So we tax payers are going to bail out the bad loans

phuc `em,,,let live on the street! If they couldn`t afford it they shouldn`t have bought it. Again,PHUC `EM!
    Thats what I'm phuckin sayin PHUCK 'EM !

Mandelon
    Geez, there's no handouts. The administration is simply trying to coordinate the lenders to reduce the crazy number of foreclosures. The idea is the teaser rate, or a similar rate will be extended for a few extra years. Hopefully the market can recover pricing and then they can sell or refi at that time.
    It will be cheaper for the banks in the long run, which should keep us from having to pay higher fees to make up their losses. Its a good thing for the economy. It will keep YOUR home's value from dropping further.
    I agree it isn't quite fair for these borrowers to catch a break due to their own poor choices, but the hard lesson will be painful for all of us if there isn't something done.
    Values drop, property taxes drop, and suddenly your local government has to cut back cuz they're overbudget... keeping home values from dropping will benefit everyone.

Big Warlock
    I love how there is always one or more assclowns on here that blame "W"!! Yea, George went out and created this.....right!!!!
    Look at the other parameters of the economy. Overall, not too bad shape. The press does more damage on a daily basis!!
    You want to help? Go out and buy something!!

OutCole'd
    Geez, there's no handouts. The administration is simply trying to coordinate the lenders to reduce the crazy number of foreclosures. The idea is the teaser rate, or a similar rate will be extended for a few extra years. Hopefully the market can recover pricing and then they can sell or refi at that time.
    It will be cheaper for the banks in the long run, which should keep us from having to pay higher fees to make up their losses. Its a good thing for the economy. It will keep YOUR home's value from dropping further.
    I agree it isn't quite fair for these borrowers to catch a break due to their own poor choices, but the hard lesson will be painful for all of us if there isn't something done.
    Values drop, property taxes drop, and suddenly your local government has to cut back cuz they're overbudget... keeping home values from dropping will benefit everyone.
    Ding Ding Ding, like it or not, Mandy's right. It will cost everyone a lot more to do nothing.

socalmofo
    Ding Ding Ding, like it or not, Mandy's right. It will cost everyone a lot more to nothing.
    Very good points. You usually seem like the sky is falling but I really agree with what you just posted.

Next time you fall on hard times because of your own stupidity , see if the banks or the gubment will help you out or let you slide on some shit . :idea:

centerhill condor
    Ding Ding Ding, like it or not, Mandy's right. It will cost everyone a lot more to nothing.
    I disagree...the harder the lesson the better learned.
    CC

McIntyrelocal
    If it's not taxpayer money, I'm all for it. It's better then a bunch of homes in your neighborhood going into foreclosure and driving home prices down further.
    i agree and if you put it back on the investers it will screw everything up.The same investers behind the housing industry are the same investers behind most of the economy and if they lose money we all lose money.vicious circle

C-2
    Sell, sell, sell and refi, refi, refi seemed to be the best advice given here a year ago.
    Not sit tight cuz the market is going to fawkin crash and open up a can of whoop arse like we’ve never seen before.
    I’m sure nobody on this board steered anybody wrong? Oh, wait, I know the answer to this question cuz whenever this topic is discussed on the other message boards I visit (collectively totaling about 500K peeps), not a single one of them did it either. In my best Beavis voice….uhhh .hhh hhh hhh uhhhh ….those were some other guys.
    Gimmie a break. Everybody had their hands in the cookie jar.:jawdrop:

mbrown2
    Look at the other parameters of the economy. Overall, not too bad shape. The press does more damage on a daily basis!!
    I agree on the press comment...
    But what other parameters are signaling green and trending in the right direction? Every bank is reporting losses, right downs, layoffs.....housing starts down, unemployment trending up 3nd and 4th qtr....Consumer spending down...
    What others are so good?
    Also, go back and look at the poorly managed government monetary policy during the 20's and 30's and see what helped us get into a depression and keep us there for longer then needed.....unrestricitive in the wrong places, and too restrictrive in others (cash infusion in the markets, interstate banking laws)....the government now better be agressive in dealing with it....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast