Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancun...

EmpirE231
    el dorado royale?? anyone ever stayed there?? so far seems to be my top pick for honeymoon spot. seems to be spaced far away from all the hotspots / spring break crowd... which I want... for the honeymoon anyone?:idea:

EmpirE231
    BUMP

gmocnik
    we did this one:
    http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts...lace/Index.asp
    great time...good food, etc.
    the adult only, all inclusive, is the way to go...nice thing about this resort was you also had privledges at the other "palace" resports...a free bus ride for the day and you could experience the other places...
    one comment about the "jungle" locations......bring the bug spray.....
    enjoy

AZKC
    We stayed at the Moon Palace and it was nice, but cking out the Eldorado it looks pretty nice also. must be kinda new never had heard of it

AZKC
    Hidden Beach Resort gets a vote also:devil:

Magic34
    el dorado royale?? anyone ever stayed there?? so far seems to be my top pick for honeymoon spot. seems to be spaced far away from all the hotspots / spring break crowd... which I want... for the honeymoon anyone?:idea:
    Yes, Playa Del Carmen.
    I just sent all of my top producers (about 25 people) there last March. I could not make it becuase my wife was 7 months preggo.
    From all of the comments, I can give you a good description of what they liked and did not like.
    First thing is that you need to see the conceirge of your tower you are in. They will help set up your whole week with dinners, etc. If you dont do this, you may not get to eat where you want to.
    The food was decent which is what I have found throughout Mexico. Never had great food in mexico, but decent and I have had horrible. The Moon Palace was horrible food for me personally.
    Your ride will be about 45 mintues or so from Cancun. The roads are good becuase many are new to that area.
    The grounds to the hotel are huge and really spaced out. It is a hike to get many places and it was a complaint that I had on the trip. The larger the hotel, the more people that will be there so sometimes there may be a crowd, but this one was dead. It was the last weekend of March. You'll have to catch a golf cart shuttle to get around becuase the grounds were so large.
    The pictures on the internet do a fair job of showing the hotel. The water in the ocean was too rough to swim in back in March.
    I suggest the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta.
    We have done the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta a few times now and are going back there this March. It is a smaller hotel. I am not a fan of Mexico at all, neither is my wife, but we love going to the Dreams resort. If you get a Junior suite, they have jacuzzis on the balcony of each room and each room is very close to the ocean with big sliding doors. you can sleep with the glass wide open listening to the ocean if you like. The food there is good, and the restaurants are all differently nice. There is an adult pool and a main pool.
    If you walk out of your room, go down the elevators, you are on the beach within 1 minute from almost any room. It is in its own little cove and there are no other hotels next to it, so the beach is like a private beach. I have never seen the beach busy there and it is a very nice soft sand beach. The ocean water on the Pacific side is too cold for me to get in. The hotel is far away from all the hotels that are lined side by side.
    About 5 of my top producers are from Hawaii and they prefer the Dreams over the El Dorado.
    I have a great agent that does all of this for us, so if you go, I suggest using him. he knows how to set it up perfectly and you wont need a thing once you get there. Definitely worth the few extra bucks it may cost for his service, trust me on this one. Please let me know if you would like his info, he is out of Texas.

flatties forever
    Akumal-- Two hours south of Cancun. Rent a really cool house right on the beach. Amazing and cheap. Rental car is biggest part of whole deal. Great food nearby, great snorkeling 20 feet from door.
    Check out Loco Gringo.com. Casa Palapa was house we rented. Absolute 10!!! Couln't get better for honeymoon or any trip period. IMO.
    Check it out.

EmpirE231
    Yes, Playa Del Carmen.
    I just sent all of my top producers (about 25 people) there last March. I could not make it becuase my wife was 7 months preggo.
    From all of the comments, I can give you a good description of what they liked and did not like.
    First thing is that you need to see the conceirge of your tower you are in. They will help set up your whole week with dinners, etc. If you dont do this, you may not get to eat where you want to.
    The food was decent which is what I have found throughout Mexico. Never had great food in mexico, but decent and I have had horrible. The Moon Palace was horrible food for me personally.
    Your ride will be about 45 mintues or so from Cancun. The roads are good becuase many are new to that area.
    The grounds to the hotel are huge and really spaced out. It is a hike to get many places and it was a complaint that I had on the trip. The larger the hotel, the more people that will be there so sometimes there may be a crowd, but this one was dead. It was the last weekend of March. You'll have to catch a golf cart shuttle to get around becuase the grounds were so large.
    The pictures on the internet do a fair job of showing the hotel. The water in the ocean was too rough to swim in back in March.
    I suggest the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta.
    We have done the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta a few times now and are going back there this March. It is a smaller hotel. I am not a fan of Mexico at all, neither is my wife, but we love going to the Dreams resort. If you get a Junior suite, they have jacuzzis on the balcony of each room and each room is very close to the ocean with big sliding doors. you can sleep with the glass wide open listening to the ocean if you like. The food there is good, and the restaurants are all differently nice. There is an adult pool and a main pool.
    If you walk out of your room, go down the elevators, you are on the beach within 1 minute from almost any room. It is in its own little cove and there are no other hotels next to it, so the beach is like a private beach. I have never seen the beach busy there and it is a very nice soft sand beach. The ocean water on the Pacific side is too cold for me to get in. The hotel is far away from all the hotels that are lined side by side.
    About 5 of my top producers are from Hawaii and they prefer the Dreams over the El Dorado.
    I have a great agent that does all of this for us, so if you go, I suggest using him. he knows how to set it up perfectly and you wont need a thing once you get there. Definitely worth the few extra bucks it may cost for his service, trust me on this one. Please let me know if you would like his info, he is out of Texas.
    I kinda like the fact that it is so huge... no crowds. we want to get away and relax. did they have any complaints about service or drinks? or activities? I am planning on staying in the swim up casitas... any feedback on those??
    thanks for the help

EmpirE231
    Akumal-- Two hours south of Cancun. Rent a really cool house right on the beach. Amazing and cheap. Rental car is biggest part of whole deal. Great food nearby, great snorkeling 20 feet from door.
    Check out Loco Gringo.com. Casa Palapa was house we rented. Absolute 10!!! Couln't get better for honeymoon or any trip period. IMO.
    Check it out.
    how are the beaches? and how do you get to the place from the hotel? is it tough to get around? (cops etc) are there activities, or do you just find your own?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast