Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maui

Ziggy
    Maui is my favorite island, and I've been to most of them many times. It really has everything.:idea:
    The road to Hana is beautiful, but it seems like a long and winding road if you're sitting in the back seat.....kids and wives in the back often get car sick. You need to stop alot and check out the cool farms, coves and waterfalls. There is not much to do once you get there except maybe have lunch at the Hana Inn (expensive) or go to the black sand beach and the seven pools.
    These pics are from Honalua Bay (a great snorkling place), just a short drive up the coast in Maui....these pics were taken in the summer, in the winter, I have heard they have huge surf, so it might not be so good, but it is still beautiful!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1196912596
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1196912676
    Just drive north, up the coast road, it's about one mile up the road from the Ritz-Carlton.
    We were there in November once and the waves were pounding, that was before the Ritz or the highway bypass was built.

adjones419
    We went 3 times this last year, the final trip was for our wedding in July.
    I read on here a while ago that everyone said "go to Mama's...you gotta eat at Mama's". It's now a guaranteed stop on every trip. Great food and you kind of feel like you're at a palce only Disneyland could have made. We go for lunch because there isn't much of a view at night. It's AWESOME!!
    Lahaina is the big touristy area and you'll end up there more than once. I've done the submarine trip twice now and the last time we went we were bombarded by dolphin activity...it was VERY cool!!!
    You'll have fun. There isn't much of a nightlife unless you're near a major hotel. Most of it is very low-key...kind of the Hawaiian way.
    Low-key sounds great, especially after the past few months.

BajaMike
    Moose McGillycuddy's Pub & Café is the place to go at night in Lahaina if you want to party...........other then that, Lahaina has a bunch of good places to eat and lots of bars, art galleries and shops.
    http://www.mooserestaurantgroup.com/...ranch2/events/

photo chick
    St. Louis on December 4th. We're flying to LA to spend 2 days with some family, and then we'll take the trip over the drink.
    Rut Roh..... since today is the 5th I believe we are both going to be late! :jawdrop:

Havasu1986
    Rut Roh..... since today is the 5th I believe we are both going to be late! :jawdrop:
    I think he meant Jan 4th.

photo chick
    I think he meant Jan 4th.
    I figured.....I have to give the scholar a hard time!!

Havasu1986
    I figured.....I have to give the scholar a hard time!!
    Pssttt. ..He can't be that smart. He lives in Illinois.

photo chick
    Pssttt. ..He can't be that smart. He lives in Illinois.
    Very good point!!

adjones419
    Dammit, I can't catch a break! January 4th is what I meant, thanks Havasu.
    And you're right, anyone who chooses to live in Illinois needs a psych evaluation. Unfortunately, it's where I was born and I'm getting a free Master's degree with my current situation. As soon as I have that finished, you can bet the farm that I'll be relocating.

Buster
    So we're leaving for Maui a month from tomorrow. I've never been, but I'm really looking forward to the trip. Don't ask me where we're staying, because the women in the family made all of the arrangements. I just want to know the hotspots and the cool things to do. Thanks!
    We are also heading to Maui. We are leaving on the 7th till the 12th. Staying over at the Grand Wailea, can't wait... How long you going to be there ???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast