Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you name this boat??

Bullmoose
    On the transom it says Hemi Hydro but its a flat. I saw a boat called a Ventnor that was a flat with sponsons on the sides. It's probably just an artist's rendition of two or three different boats - some chris crafts had the head rests like that= you are looking for something somebody made up IMO.

VDRIVERACING
    Revell did offer a Rayson craft in the 60's. Not sure if this is it, though..

dragnrods
    I am wondering now if it is not a diamond boat. Does anyone have more pics on the diamonds? Thank you.Jody

snake321
    Ebay is the biggest offender...
    and at swap meets. Nothin like luggin around an intake on your shoulders and walking past tables and tables of toy cars and crap.
    My next offender is the wagon people at the swapmeets that block your way....

obnoxious001
    Revell did offer a Rayson craft in the 60's. Not sure if this is it, though..
    I built one of the original Hemi Hydros in the late 60's if I recall. If I am not wrong, it was a Rayson Craft, and had sponsons to actually make it a hydro. I suspect the illustration on the box does not represent the way the actual kit looks. I was thinking the original engine had zoomies also, I recall being disappointed at having to select between OT's and zoomies and having no regular headers that the boats I was around were running.

2manymustangs
    Sounds like a job for the great "VDRIVEVIDEO" man, he da shell answer man...

obnoxious001
    Yeah, they all come from the old, 1963 AMT kit of a Rayson Craft...not a Stevens.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...SC_0044-vi.jpg
    This is the one I was thinking of, the other two are somewhat different, aren't they?

This is the one I was thinking of, the other two are somewhat different, aren't they?
    whoops, my mistake. I meant to post this one, the original Rayson 1963 model kit.
    The other two are the Hemi Hydro, an original and a re-issue.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...SC_0075-vi.jpg

dragnrods
    Some nice boat models there! Yes see, I knew the Rayson was different. That one can be fairly well nailed down, but hard to point the finger on that hydro kit. It would help maybe if I knew thier original issue year, then I would know that it would have to be something within 2 years of that!! Thanks.Jody

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12