Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late 70's Howard 24' Cruiser.....who knows

CampbellCarl
    anything about them? Found a really original one for sale. 454, Borg-Warner, C-500. 1 1/8" shaft, steel strut, no cav plates???? (owner says it rides perfect so why add them). Anybody have/had one? I've never seen one but found a reference in Jerry's Old V-Drives thread. Ad sez 24'6" 'Citation'. I like it alot but want info from yous guys that are 'in the know'!
    CC

jody165
    Might be one of the 24 Spectra molds (length was 24.6). Others here would know. Can you post a pic?

CampbellCarl
    No pix yet, if/when I drag her home, I'll post 'em!
    CC

Rattle Can Lou
    CC, your a sick man dude...I'll pray for ya.

CampbellCarl
    RCL,
    Don't pray for me.........just meet me on Tuesdays at 7:30........"Hi, my name is Carl and I have a problem.............buying BOATS!"
    CC
    Mike, ever seen a Howard 24'?

Rattle Can Lou
    Oh I'm sure in my 54 years of life I have seen one, but unfortunately my mind is 54 years old and I don't fricken remember.

spectras only
    CC , the Howard Citation 24'6" may have been stretched a bit to calm down the Spectra boys back in the day .I'd check the length with a tape ?
    Haven't been in one , but it should ride nice in rough water just like my 24 Spectra .The 21 Howard is practically identical to the 20 Spectra and my buddy's Howard felt solid just like my 20 Spectra .
    Found a tidbit of info >
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/H...20Citation.jpg

Yes, Howard offered an exact splashed spectra 24 in his line up and no, he didn't give a shit or try to 'calm down the boys at Spectra' by changing his boats. In fact he called Spectra as soon as the 20 came out and told them straight up that he was going to splash it. lol And he did. Infact he was the first to splash it, about an hour before Schuster go to it.

Oh I'm sure in my 54 years of life I have seen one, but unfortunately my mind is 54 years old and I don't fricken remember.
    ................"54"?.....And Carl was Counting on you.
    Could of sworn Pat told me you were "49". No wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!

CampbellCarl
    OK. Since none of you guys could tell me much about the boat......I bought it! Got some nite pix last nite and try to post em later today. Not that you could take it to the bank, but the valve covers have stickers that say 454/405 hp. Think maybe I got an LS6? More info as I get into it! Thanx for input from all except RCL, 54 and can't remember shiat!
    CC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast