Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford truck recalls....

rrrr
    No, it seems sluggish at varied intervals.....like I said, maybe it is just me and I have not learned to keep her "up on the pipe"!!!! It feels like a boat, need to throttle up to get her on plane, ease out of it and set your cruise.....much different than the gas cars we have owned.
    Mine does that, and the transmission can't decide what to do either.
    Supposedly there are a couple of reflash deals to fix.....haven't gotten to the dealer yet.
    Here's some reading material.....
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/

SangerDoug1
    Thanks for all the info. My 03 7.3 has died a hand full of times, lucky for me i have always been at a signal light and it has always restarted quickly.

SnoC653
    SangerDoug the cam position sensor will make it do that. It also makes them buck occasionally when they are warming up. It seems like the engine has a hic-up to it. I believe the recall applies to the 03s as well.

SangerDoug1
    SangerDoug the cam position sensor will make it do that. It also makes them buck occasionally when they are warming up. It seems like the engine has a hic-up to it. I believe the recall applies to the 03s as well.
    It bucked on the freeway one time when I was towing and I didnt what the hell happened. I know now thanks to you guys.

I replaced my 7.3L cam sensor, with the IH I-6 cam sensor. been running for two years now, never a hiccup. I could swear it improved the milage, but I lead foot so.....

v-drive
    My 2000 F-150 has 140 and I have no complaints. I did rebuild the transmission but only because I started towing the bigger boat.
    v-drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12