Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RV Deep Garages

catman-do
    Does anyone have experience building a boat/ rv deep garage? Looking at property that has a larger lot and wondering what these cost to have built. I am assuming that it will vary depending on the charges the city has for building permits, just wondering about the structure itself.
    Looking at about 14' wide x 14' tall doors with a depth of atleast 45'

Community
    I believe based ont he span it has to be engineered? Other than that all I have heard of is height restrictions on the structure so they may do a flat roof over the RV portion and a pitched roof everywhere else.

lalhc
    I'm interested in doing the same thing. I have a level 28K sq ft lot and I want to build a detached RV garage.

Havasu1986
    Does anyone have experience building a boat/ rv deep garage? Looking at property that has a larger lot and wondering what these cost to have built. I am assuming that it will vary depending on the charges the city has for building permits, just wondering about the structure itself.
    Looking at about 14' wide x 14' tall doors with a depth of atleast 45'
    I did a owner / build on the RV garage in my avatar. It is 57' long and about 14' with a bath room. You may not get 14 doors. You can only build 15' high in Havasu, if thats where you looking. I was told you need the door opening to be at least 18" for a roll up door. You can PM me if you like.

TeamGreene
    Check with your Building and Safety Dept. about height resrictions. You can get a sectional door to turn in 12 inches if needed (just did one in apple valley) As far as engineering almost everything now is eng. so plan on that in your cost. I'm a Gen. contractor so if you have any other questions email me at mgcframin@msn.com

wsuwrhr
    Surprisingly enough Rancho has a very intelligent engineering department. Been there for every house I looked at when we were trying to buy there.
    Way too complicated to get all-in-it here, go see the city with some ideas what you are looking for and the planning gents will steer you in the right direction.
    I promise
    Brian

catman-do
    Surprisingly enough Rancho has a very intelligent engineering department. Been there for every house I looked at when we were trying to buy there.
    Way too complicated to get all-in-it here, go see the city with some ideas what you are looking for and the planning gents will steer you in the right direction.
    I promise
    Brian
    It would be in Rancho. Ive heard that the planning dept here is a major pain in the ass, and then the assessors could come out and tax me on the added sq ft. I was looking to do something that may resemble what Havasu1986 has, however was told to not "actually" connect it to the house because then there would be more restrictions. they said to "butt" it up against the house, but not actually secure it. The measurements I gave were just general. We dont have a lake house, and probably wouldnt for atleast another year until the market calms down a bit, but are looking in rancho at new property and would like to keep the truck attached to the 5th wheel inside a garage. Maybe bring the boat back in the winters so i didnt have to pay storage.

McIntyrelocal
    Im getting ready to dig footings for my shop hear in norco im doing mine alittle bit bigger 36x48 the foundation is going to be about 8500 and the building is a prefab really nice building not just a coriggated steel but 4x8 flat panels with a pitched roof all galvi steel trusses and beams color matched to my house and installed with 2 16x16 doors front and back one man door and i might add a 12x8 roll up on the side and its gonna be about 42,000 just for the building but thats installed.

wsuwrhr
    I inquired about a few houses, I didn't have a problem with any of the planners. They didn't seem to have a problem with the building I was planning on doing.
    Yard space is always an issue, height restrictions apply, and there are a couple, depending on where it is located on the land. You also have lot covverage limits and so on. Just go see them, right next to the courthouse, no big deal dude.
    Pretty much I gathered that 1200 sq foot is what is able to be added if it isn't connected to the house(considered an "accesory" to the main dwelling.)
    Brian
    It would be in Rancho. Ive heard that the planning dept here is a major pain in the ass, and then the assessors could come out and tax me on the added sq ft. I was looking to do something that may resemble what Havasu1986 has, however was told to not "actually" connect it to the house because then there would be more restrictions. they said to "butt" it up against the house, but not actually secure it. The measurements I gave were just general. We dont have a lake house, and probably wouldnt for atleast another year until the market calms down a bit, but are looking in rancho at new property and would like to keep the truck attached to the 5th wheel inside a garage. Maybe bring the boat back in the winters so i didnt have to pay storage.

wsuwrhr
    Not a big deal to connect it to the house either, just need better
    fire-retardant materials I think, buildings need to be certain distances away from each other as well.
    Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast