Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont plan on parking in the channel this weekend...

Throttle
    I've never heard of it being that high! Wow. Too bad they don't hang on to some of that water here at Lake Mead.. It is still WAY low.
    i am thinking parker is prolly dry as a bone

UltraBigDaddy
    Good Morning Throttle, new here... was that done on purpose for the parade, holding that much water? Any Pics of the water Level? Love to see that...
    Hurst

Throttle
    Good Morning Throttle, new here... was that done on purpose for the parade, holding that much water? Any Pics of the water Level? Love to see that...
    Hurst
    Welcome to the mess here, I was going to get a couple snapshots for you guys but I was too lazy to walk back up to my truck to get my camera.
    holding water so the channel was a bit deeper for the boat parade is something that crossed my mind too, however I dont really know. I do not recall it being a problem years before... :idea:

Keith E. Sayre
    Someone asked "is that what happens when it rains here?". No this is what
    happens when the elected officials of our town authorize a wall to be built
    too close to the water. I would submit that they don't really care if we can
    park our boats in the channel or not but I won't because I don't want to be
    considered a "basher". Oh, but then I don't give a ____ about being politically correct so, yes they did do it on purpose even though those
    crusty old farts don't come down to the channel very often.
    They'll still screw it up for everyone else. Kinda like the tree huggers.

Quest4Fun
    I don't understand this either, never could figure out why they put the wall where they did. We watched the boat parade last night from the L.B. Resort and I noticed there wasn't one boat parked in the channel, I guess they couldn't if they wanted to. I remember years back the parade route in the channel would be lined with boats, and people having campfires. Oh well, there were some nicely decorated boats though.

Not So Fast
    In all fairness the City of Lake Havasu has nada to do with the lake level. And I thought I heard in past years that if it was too high then the sail boats couldnt make it under the bridge, had to be below 448' or something like that
    But Keith is correct, the wall is very "non boater friendly" and dont bring up the "HANDICAPPED ACCESS" cause it was obviously never given any thought NSF

Boatcop
    i am thinking parker is prolly dry as a bone
    Yep. Parker is just a gravel bed. No water. It's all gone. And won't be coming back. So no need to come here. Go somewhere else. No boating, swimming, skiing, fishing or anything. The ramps have been dug up. The docks removed. The bars closed.
    Thank you very much.

RiverToysJas
    Yep. Parker is just a gravel bed. No water. It's all gone. And won't be coming back. So no need to come here. Go somewhere else. No boating, swimming, skiing, fishing or anything. The ramps have been dug up. The docks removed. The bars closed.
    Thank you very much.

Same thing north of Topock, all the way past Needles.
    RTJas

Havasu1986
    Thank you very much.

I quess they won't be needed you then. Time to retire.

Havasu1986
    I don't understand this either, never could figure out why they put the wall where they did. We watched the boat parade last night from the L.B. Resort and I noticed there wasn't one boat parked in the channel, I guess they couldn't if they wanted to. I remember years back the parade route in the channel would be lined with boats, and people having campfires. Oh well, there were some nicely decorated boats though.
    I went both nites last year. Sat. was alot more crowded with lots of campfires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast