Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: So who are you voting for??

homelessinaz
    Again you avoid the questions.
    You have no say on taxes since it is something you pay no part in. Please, let the responsable adults tend to the matters at hand. You need not worry about your next meal as I'm sure there enough bleeding heart liberals left in this country that will take care of you forever.
    WHAT QUESTIONS? All I am seeing from you are bellicose proclamations about what would happen if there was socialized medicine.
    And, you are incorrect, I have just as much say in how taxes are spent as you do. There is no poll tax, so anyone can vote, and unlike you I actually do vote, even when there's a 'rasslin match on TV.
    Homeless

Outnumbered
    If people aren't buying and selling houses, are you getting money to appraise them? Don't get all swelled with pride because you did it all without guv'ment help when you are in an industry that is being propped up with tax dollars.
    Homeless
    Why yes I do. In addition to lenders I work for CPA's, attorneys, REO/Repo companies, etc. The work is not all generated from RE sales, in fact very little of mine is. The bail out will have no effect on my business. It is a bogus feel-good program anyway and will have little impact on the market.

SangerDoug1
    WHAT QUESTIONS? All I am seeing from you are bellicose proclamations about what would happen if there was socialized medicine.
    And, you are incorrect, I have just as much say in how taxes are spent as you do. There is no poll tax, so anyone can vote, and unlike you I actually do vote, even when there's a 'rasslin match on TV.
    Homeless
    The first question is why free health care?
    Everyone needs a car, should we give those away to people who don't have them as well. Where does it stop?
    Don't you think quality will be in jeprody?
    Why do you think the government needs to be up our asses from the time we are born till the time we die?
    And no, you have no right to tell me how to spend MY money. I pay thousands every year in taxes where as you pay none. Obviously I am the one that will be paying for YOUR free health care. It's nothing more than legalized robbery. Take what I have worked hard for for years and give it to some pile of shit that is too damn lazy to take care of himself.
    It's the freeloaders such as yourself that are ripping this country apart.

Charley
    HomelessAZ... As a business owner I would rather not start into this battle by slinging mud at you. I only want to say that until you have the responsibility and pressure of having employees and their families that rely on you succeeding in the marketplace., well you probably will never empathize with what we actually do. Every person in this great country has the opportunity to start and operate a business. If the business owner is successful he or she reaps the rewards and too the victor go the spoils. When the Democrats and Liberals want to take the profit out of small business and give it back to the working class via higher wages, mandatory health care etc... all they do is take the incentive out of being a small business owner. Let's take workmans comp for instance... The implimentation was designed to protect the worker, yet it is now so heavily abused and emersed in fraudulant claims that it ultimately just takes money from Honest hard workers pockets... in other words when a big chunk of the profit goes to an overpriced insurance riddled with fraud by low life pu$$ies who wanna take the system for a ride... Honest Joe doesnt get his well deserved raise this year. Owning a business is tough enough even when you are killing it in your industry.... take away the "lotto style" financial incentive of being a successful business owner and you will have country full of workers and no one seeing the reason to take the risk and stress of starting a business! No Thanks!! Capitalism works, let it work

earl-bob
    Well Said.

Outnumbered
    HomelessAZ... As a business owner I would rather not start into this battle by slinging mud at you. I only want to say that until you have the responsibility and pressure of having employees and their families that rely on you succeeding in the marketplace., well you probably will never empathize with what we actually do. Every person in this great country has the opportunity to start and operate a business. If the business owner is successful he or she reaps the rewards and too the victor go the spoils. When the Democrats and Liberals want to take the profit out of small business and give it back to the working class via higher wages, mandatory health care etc... all they do is take the incentive out of being a small business owner. Let's take workmans comp for instance... The implimentation was designed to protect the worker, yet it is now so heavily abused and emersed in fraudulant claims that it ultimately just takes money from Honest hard workers pockets... in other words when a big chunk of the profit goes to an overpriced insurance riddled with fraud by low life pu$$ies who wanna take the system for a ride... Honest Joe doesnt get his well deserved raise this year. Owning a business is tough enough even when you are killing it in your industry.... take away the "lotto style" financial incentive of being a successful business owner and you will have country full of workers and no one seeing the reason to take the risk and stress of starting a business! No Thanks!! Capitalism works, let it work
    Yes, well said. Thanks for getting back on track with some good solid logic. I was starting to get caught up in his BS--although it was kind of fun.

homelessinaz
    HomelessAZ... As a business owner I would rather not start into this battle by slinging mud at you.
    Why, do you feel that "as a business owner" you are better than I am? Seriously, what was that comment all about?
    There are plenty of points I could argue in your letter, but in the interest of not rehashing what's already been said I'll pick and choose.
    If the business owner is successful he or she reaps the rewards and too the victor go the spoils.
    Okay, what I hear you saying here is that it's every man for himself. Where is the brotherhood in that? Where's the national unity and common good in that? Don't give me a bunch of jingoistic rhetoric about "helping my fellow American" if in the end it's going to be every man for himself.
    Let's take workmans comp for instance... The implimentation was designed to protect the worker, yet it is now so heavily abused and emersed in fraudulant claims that it ultimately just takes money from Honest hard workers pockets... in other words when a big chunk of the profit goes to an overpriced insurance riddled with fraud by low life pu$$ies who wanna take the system for a ride...
    Oh, so my fellow laborer is to blame for the flaws in the workman's comp system? Is that who you blame for the worker's compensation laws? This isn't surprising, because it's a common tactic of capital to try to divide labor against itselflike this; this is just another example. You are trying to get labor to look at fellow laborers as the problem in this situation.
    You know, if captial hadn't abused labor in the first place, there would be no need for workers comp laws. The laws were first put on the books in the early 20th century, when business interests were far more overt in asserting their political influence. The workman's compensation laws were enacted because capital wasn't looking out for the interests of labor. If it weren't for the harsh conditions that laborers were forced to endure, and the countless lives lost because of capital's refusal to provide basic safety on the job, there would be no need for workman's comp.
    Despite any abuses of the workman's comp system by labor, capital has still been able to turn a nice profit, haven't they? Ultimately, how can you blame labor for trying to exploit the system, given the prevailing "...to the victor go the spoils" laissez faire attitude you espouse?
    In other words, if labor is cheating, where do you think they learned to do that?
    Capitalism works, let it work
    Sure, capitalism works, if what you're trying to do is concentrate the wealth of the many into the hands of the few, it's a great system.
    If you are trying to turn working people against one another to the point that they will gladly watch each other's children starve to DEATH in the gutter while they wryly quip, "...to the victor go the spoils..." I can't think of a better system.
    Hey, that starving kid's parents couldn't corner the market in their industry, so they really had no right to have kids anyways, did they? Survival of the fittest and all, right?
    You raised good quesitons and you took the debate to a deeper level by maintaining a civil discourse, but I have no respect for the capitalist system and never will. It is a system that puts greed above humanity.
    Homeless

homelessinaz
    The first question is why free health care?
    Everyone needs a car, should we give those away to people who don't have them as well. Where does it stop?
    Why free health care? Because I am pro-life, pro-not-dying. Health care saves lives. What kind of a question is that?
    Don't you think quality will be in jeprody?
    Capitalists will cut corners to increase profits, that's why privatized medicine scares me...that's why quality is in jeopardy when there is a profit motive in medicine. Socializing medicine will improve quality, IMO.
    Why do you think the government needs to be up our asses from the time we are born till the time we die?
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Why is that either the government abandons us or is up our asses from cradle to grave? Can't there be a middle ground?
    I pay thousands every year in taxes where as you pay none. Obviously I am the one that will be paying for YOUR free health care. It's nothing more than legalized robbery. Take what I have worked hard for for years and give it to some pile of shit that is too damn lazy to take care of himself.
    It's the freeloaders such as yourself that are ripping this country apart.
    It's people like you...people who believe that if you aren't turning a profit you have no reason to exist...people who believe that man's highest calling is to make a buck...who exemplify the worst that capitalism has to offer.
    By your logic, a devoted housewife and mother is a "pile of shit" because all she does is raise kids and maintain a household, and that doesn't require her to pay taxes. I do a lot of work in my community, and most of it isn't paid, ergo I haven't paid taxes in a few years. I guess that makes me a pile of shit in your eyes, a freeloader.
    Homeless

SangerDoug1
    Why free health care? Because I am pro-life, pro-not-dying. Health care saves lives. What kind of a question is that?
    The government doesn't owe you anything. If you are so pro-life, get a job so that you can buy health care and live. You have no entitlements.
    Capitalists will cut corners to increase profits, that's why privatized medicine scares me...that's why quality is in jeopardy when there is a profit motive in medicine. Socializing medicine will improve quality, IMO.
    You are wrong, the only thing that keeps privatized medicine in buisiness is QUALITY. If the quality sucks, the consumer would just go to the next guy.
    With socialized health care you would have people that make 80,000 and under eligable for Healthcare. Why would someone that makes 80,000 a year need government handouts?
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Why is that either the government abandons us or is up our asses from cradle to grave? Can't there be a middle ground?
    Abandon us???? What are you 12? Do you really need the government telling you what to do and in control of your life?
    It's people like you...people who believe that if you aren't turning a profit you have no reason to exist...people who believe that man's highest calling is to make a buck...who exemplify the worst that capitalism has to offer.
    Wrong, it's people like me that expect my fellow man to carry his own weight and any weight he has added (children etc.) If I have to work my ass off to pay for my health care and sustain my way of life, then others should be expected to as well.
    With the amount of illegals steeling from our country on a daily basis, do you really think it wise to provide free ANYTHING???
    By your logic, a devoted housewife and mother is a "pile of shit" because all she does is raise kids and maintain a household, and that doesn't require her to pay taxes. I do a lot of work in my community, and most of it isn't paid, ergo I haven't paid taxes in a few years. I guess that makes me a pile of shit in your eyes, a freeloader.
    Homeless
    Wrong again....See I have a devoted house wife who raises our children while I'm out earning the bucks. She enables me to earn a good living of which I pay my taxes. We are a team. You (and other freeloaders like you) contribute nothing to the tax base. Your paultry volunteer work (however appreciated) pales into comparrison to the amount your contribution would be if you were employed.
    You are obviousley educated.....so get a job and quit defending those who choose not to work but would rather suck off us like the leaches they are.

SangerDoug1
    Okay, what I hear you saying here is that it's every man for himself. Where is the brotherhood in that? Where's the national unity and common good in that? Don't give me a bunch of jingoistic rhetoric about "helping my fellow American" if in the end it's going to be every man for himself.
    Homeless
    Where is the brotherhood in people (such as yourself) living off the hard work of others? Why is it the successfull ones are always to blame and the less fortunate are never expected or required to make much of themselves?
    And it is the working class and the wealthy that help out more in private charities than any other class. We give and give and give yet the government wants to take more and more and more. When is enough enough? If the unthinkable happends and Free healthcare becomes a reality, what will they want next?
    You need to leave the governmental nest and become a man. Do you even have the ability to provide for yourself let alone a family?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast