Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Air scoop

Hass ,maybe check the 'roll pin idea" earlier in the thread ? (to keep the scoop straight Tom
    Tom, great idea with the roll pin. I have never ran one of these scoops but I have a friend who did and he had the problem. I'll pass on the info. Thanks

delemorte
    [B][B]Sean wind and vibration can move it for sure ,a tiny hole in the carb air horn to accept a "drive in" 1/8 roll pin and a cooresponding slot cut into the scoop base will do it Then top it off with a scoop cover your there !Tom
    (sorry for the crappy art)
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...c/DSC08426.jpg
    yeah i got that idea.. and yes that would resolve it.. but me and power tools with out pre drilled holes can be dangerous... Ill see what i can have it done for. I would rather pay to have it done right that do it wrong and end up eating a carb.... man would'nt that sux.

delemorte
    BTW are you gonna run that scoop with the open end facing fwd or back Or maybe thats a whole nother thread.
    Would it matter? i would think forward would be better air intake but more crap to fish out of it after a day on the lake.
    And yes i agree.. I love the new look.. now its time to think about OT headers. My pops included two sets of OT headers with the boat when he gave it to me...

Tom, great idea with the roll pin. I have never ran one of these scoops but I have a friend who did and he had the problem. I'll pass on the info. Thanks
    Good luck ,yeah always hated the crooked scoop thing , I got a relative wears his hat cocked to one side ,always want to "straighten" it drives me nuts lol Tom
    btw in the "for what its worth catagory' I had this single Dominator scoop made with a 4150 base recently is kind of a magnum scoop for small carbs
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../DSC08261a.jpg

ONAROLL
    It will always be a hassle to keep straight with just the stud holding it and they look like crap when you come in from a pass with a crooked scoop so try to do somethin to keeper straight.
    If your using a cross bar with a hole drilled for the stud, wrap the ends of the bar with black tape or rubber boots, it will lessen the vibration and keep the scoop from turning, total cost ........nuthin, been running mine that way for years.

delemorte
    If your using a cross bar with a hole drilled for the stud, wrap the ends of the bar with black tape or rubber boots, it will lessen the vibration and keep the scoop from turning, total cost ........nuthin, been running mine that way for years.
    Can you provide a picture to show me whatyour talkin about?

ONAROLL
    Can you provide a picture to show me whatyour talkin about?
    Im not at the shop so I will describe it, put your carb air cleaner gasket on the carb, put approx 3 inch of 1/4 all thread into the carb stud hole and run it down, make a "flat cross bar" that will span over the hole inside your scoop, drill a hole in the middle of your cross bar to accept the stud, take electrical tape and wrap the ends of the cross bar, put the scoop in place, place the cross bar inside the scoop and the stud through the hole, put on a flat washer and a 1/4 wing nut, tighten till the cross bar secures the scoop, the carb gasket and the tape will provide enough friction to keep the scoop straight, I like the wing nut deal so I can loosen it to turn my scoop around in the rain, my scoop never moves.........a little ghetto, but it works.........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123