Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydraulic Place Diverter Indicator Gauge/Kit

Bow Tie Omega
    Hey guys,
    I am looking to do a place diverter indicator gauge/kit. Looked at the kit at Place Diverter. Nice set up except for the old school vdo style gauge. Pretty pricey as well. Are there any alternatives? Can a bravo kit be made to work?

speedymopars
    Hey guys,
    I am looking to do a place diverter indicator gauge/kit. Looked at the kit at Place Diverter. Nice set up except for the old school vdo style gauge. Pretty pricey as well. Are there any alternatives? Can a bravo kit be made to work?
    I am using an Autometer trim gauge, Place said any mercruser compatible trim will work.

Bow Tie Omega
    Great, thanks!

GAWnCA
    I am using an Autometer trim gauge, Place said any mercruser compatible trim will work.
    Where did you get it and how much?

speedymopars
    Where did you get it and how much?
    Here is the one I bought, Rex marine is only about 45 minutes from me so I drove down there. They have the 2 5/8's sizes too.
    http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...CompMarineWht2

GAWnCA
    Here is the one I bought, Rex marine is only about 45 minutes from me so I drove down there. They have the 2 5/8's sizes too.
    http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...CompMarineWht2
    So how do you hook it up to the jet pump/diverter?

BrendellaJet
    If its anything like the VDO setup there is a cable thats run to the hydraulic pump ram, the other end runs to the sender, which works similar to a fuel tank sender, the cable acts like the floating ball and moves the lever based on movement from the diverter. Resistance signal is sent to gauge...

GAWnCA
    If its anything like the VDO setup there is a cable thats run to the hydraulic pump ram, the other end runs to the sender, which works similar to a fuel tank sender, the cable acts like the floating ball and moves the lever based on movement from the diverter. Resistance signal is sent to gauge...
    I wonder if it is shipped with all the stuff needed to connect it or if you have to shop Rex to find everything?

I wonder if it is shipped with all the stuff needed to connect it or if you have to shop Rex to find everything?
    Indicator kit from Place with no gauge is at top of page (http://www.rexmar.com/page129.html), 179.99. Then you add gauge of choice.

Bow Tie Omega
    Thanks guys for the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast