Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about those Clips?

AirtimeLavey
    Whew. About 10 giant steps backwards this year. Although, at least they won the other night. Was thinking they might go for their record of consecutive loses. They need EB back quick.
    I guess no comparisons to Lakers anymore. Back to how things were before their fluke season or two. I wonder....can the whole team play in the D-league for a while, until they can get back up to NBA level??? :idea: :devil:

KineticoH20
    Ya know you never see the USC basketball team and the Clippers in the same place :idea: Hmmmmmmm

AirtimeLavey
    They came back from 10 down at Sac last night and won. They've already played 14 different starting lineups this season. Just can't seem to stay healthy.
    No wait......I thought "healthy" had nothing to do with team sports. :idea: :devil:

AirtimeLavey
    It's brazen to make this post 18 games into an 82 game season. Long season in the NBA.
    Brazen might be too big a word. Maybe it's "pre-mature", but it's not really "brazen", knowing what we know about the teams and everything.

AirtimeLavey
    Yeah, when you try to compare losing Brian Cook and Luke Walton to Sam Cassell and Corey Maggette, then you're right, it has nothing to do with it.
    Sooo, selectively it matters. LO doesn't matter. Centers don't matter. Outside shooters don't matter. I would it does matter unless it's way deep in the bench.

AirtimeLavey
    But, you can't predict the future. What would happen to the Lakers if they lost Kobe tomorrow? You have to listen to me for the next five months.
    True, but I'm enjoying today and taking what we can get. My whole thing is that this team (Lakers) has had a lot more potential then they've shown whether that be from injuries or chemistry or whatever. I just want to see these guys have a chance to live up to their potential while healthy. Then, decide. I believe they will be a very strong team contender if the stars will ever line up. I don't think it's a stretch.

AirtimeLavey
    Every piece matters, but some pieces matter more. Sam Cassell, Corey Maggette and Shaun Livingston started 92 out of 246 combined last season.
    Not looking much better this season, Maggette has missed 5 starts, Cassell 8 and, of course, Brand 18. Kaman is single handedly carrying this team right now, going for 19, 14 and 3 blocks a game.
    Brutal. At least Kaman stepped up last game. Big load for him alone.

AirtimeLavey
    I think they're a good team, better than expected. They're still a player away. They need another pure scorer, like a Pau Gasol.
    That would be interesting no doubt. I like Ariza. He looks energetic and wants to win. He gets in the game and does things along with great defense. I think he throw off AI the other night. Glad to see B. Cook & Evans go. LO still has to be consistent (Which you could say about everone who isn't Kobe on the team).

AirtimeLavey
    I've never considered Odom to be a scorer. He's a slasher and he can fill it up, but he really struggles to get his own shot away from the front of the rim. Ariza will never give you anything more than defense. He wasn't a scorer at UCLA. If you can't score in college, you're not going to do it in the NBA. They need a guy that can spot up and score or drive. Gasol give you modest rebounding too. He's a fantastic spot up shooter and you can't guard him with a center off the block or he'll blow by you.
    Yeah, I know Ariza isn't the scorer you're talking about, but I like him as a role-player. Odom's an enigma. I've seen good and bad from Gasol. I like him. Otherwise, you may be right about being one player away. I am pleased with what's out there now and their potential, though.

AirtimeLavey
    Gasol shouldn't be carrying the load. He's not a 25 point a night guy. He's not going to blow up for 50 and win a game. He's a guy that will go out every night and get you 16-20 points, 7-12 rebounds. He's a smart guy, he shoots 50%, he's a good FT shooter. He's like Sam Perkins.
    That would be the missing piece for the Lake show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast