Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Bonus

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Last year the company I work for gave out $200k in bonuses, varying from $250 to $15k. Business was booming last year. This year, the housing market took a poop as did our workload. We have laid of over 30% of our staff in the past few months. Needless to say, the big cash bonuses are not in the cards for this year. This year is $150 Visa gift card for everyone. Some people are completely bent out of shape over this. To me, a bonus is a gift. Its not something I expect. I am so sick of listening to people bitch and moan about it. Its not like the company is being greedy and keeping it all to themselves, they just don't have the extra cash to spend.
    I am just happy I did not get laid off and still have my job. In the grand scheme of things, I like my job year round. I get half days every friday and my boss understands the importance of the river and the desert. Not getting a fat bonus does not change anything.

gas Hogg
    Last year my partner and I spent a little overe $120,000 on bonuses, jackets, vest's and parties for the 32 guys in the company. I received one card and and phone call that I really enjoyed. We are in the construction business so this year will be tight. I'm going to cook a few steaks and serve it up to the guys and there families at our yard, bring in the air house for the kids. I'm already getting the comments on where are the bonuses. You would think when they have seen me lay off the three of the highest paid guys in the office that it was a rough year.

bocco
    I'm coming to work for you starting monday K?
    Lets carpool sounds like a good deal.

OGShocker
    WTF is a bonus???
    At my shop, its a promise I won't beat the shit their radios.

Cole Trickle
    I agree.....this was the first company that promised me a big bonus (well to me). I told him I would rather just get the salary I wanted without the bonus, but he said "you will just have to trust me". I received 50% less. He is know as being an honest individual, but he lost my trust. There are even bigger long term issues we agreed to during our talks, but I can't take him serious anymore. That is what I am confused on he is a decent businessman but he ruined his word. I don't like bonuses either, give me what I deserve or don't hire me period!
    Was this after taxes?
    Bonus's almost always get hit for 50% tax rate
    Family co......no bonus :jawdrop:

OGShocker
    I gave bonuses from $1K up to $20K. Haven't got one thanks you yet . I don't expect the thank you but it would be ice to hear occasionally.
    I hear you, Tom, it would be nice. Some of my lower level employees come into my office and say thanks. I rarely get a nod from my Managers and they receive 55% of the budgeted funds.

79Challenger
    Been at this company for 4 years now.
    Year 1 - 3k
    Year 2 - 12k
    Year 3 - 23k
    Found out this years is 8k.
    I expected less this year and I was right, but not complaining a bit!

Last year the company I work for gave out $200k in bonuses, varying from $250 to $15k. Business was booming last year. This year, the housing market took a poop as did our workload. We have laid of over 30% of our staff in the past few months. Needless to say, the big cash bonuses are not in the cards for this year. This year is $150 Visa gift card for everyone. Some people are completely bent out of shape over this. To me, a bonus is a gift. Its not something I expect. I am so sick of listening to people bitch and moan about it. Its not like the company is being greedy and keeping it all to themselves, they just don't have the extra cash to spend.
    I am just happy I did not get laid off and still have my job. In the grand scheme of things, I like my job year round. I get half days every friday and my boss understands the importance of the river and the desert. Not getting a fat bonus does not change anything.
    suckass

OCMerrill
    Let me see, gifts for customers..$750-$1000, New jackets and sweatshirts for the guys, $1800, New boots all around, $1800, nice lunch out at a good restaurant for 16, $800, cash bonuses from $100 to $500 x 16, that's around $6000.....afternoon at the stripper club, with drinks on the company card...
    Hmmmmmm. Should cost me right around $10,000.
    What will they get for me???? I think I got something once or twice in the last 14 years...I think it was a bag of pistachios.
    But most of them show up, most of the time... LOL
    Back when I worked for a bank, I got a $500 bonus one year.
    Damn...I sure hope my employees don't read here.
    I will be expected to hand out something. It will be based on my checkbook balance at the time.

Cole Trickle
    Been at this company for 4 years now.
    Year 1 - 3k
    Year 2 - 12k
    Year 3 - 23k
    Found out this years is 8k.
    I expected less this year and I was right, but not complaining a bit!
    Year 2,3,4 bonus would make the holiday season a crap load better!!!
    If I got a 24K bonus I would poo myself:jawdrop:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast