Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my Schiada part deux

pancho
    sweet,we are a two boat family so everyones happy maybe,btw,our lake boat has an outboard so i guess i`m a hypocrite,i just choose a v-drive for the go fast fix

pancho
    that previous schiada you had looks very nice,i didnt know they made a mini boat

Community
    They have a 10, 12, 20 RC & RT, 21 RC & RT, 24, 32 & 43 I think at this time. The previous one was a good little boat - had it for about 6 months found out I was having twins and someone was looking for one so it was gone. This guy e-mailed me out of the blue and asked me if I still wanted one, the price was right so what the hell.

superdave013
    That's funny!
    Rio
    yeah, I got a kick out of that myself!
    but to answer the question, I've lost intrest a few times. tried to sell it a few times (wife won't let me). so at this point I'm planning on droping it off with Sammonds to get it finished up.

Community
    Dave,
    Do you have pics up of your project? Who regelled yours?

Arkansas
    sweet little boat....are those plentiful out west?
    I'd like to find one for my son. Cost for one needing some attention?

RiverDave
    sweet little boat....are those plentiful out west?
    I'd like to find one for my son. Cost for one needing some attention?
    There usually 1500 - 2500.00 all of them usually need attention becuase they were made so long ago.
    RD

Community
    I spoke with Lee about these the other day. He said back in the day they were making 300-400 a year. Lavey was doing most of the lay-ups, rigged w/ an engine in the box and sent all over the place. Now he said, if you do one, you may as well do a 21.
    They seem to come in waves, sometimes you can't find any, then you will 2 or 3 all at the same time.

Arkansas
    I just noticed the sleeping child in your first orange and white boat...sweet...great crib for my 3 month old...

Community
    She is the reason for the new one - she was mad at me for selling her Schiada. Although it did not take much encouragement for me to buy the new one as I missed it as well. She was 2 when we got it and I would put her in my lap and let her steer - she did pretty good until she got distracted by a duck or anything else. She has twin younger siblings now, so they will have to learn to share it. We have a few pics of her sacked out in the boat - she is wearing her lifevest though!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast