Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric bill is..................

The heck with the solar, start with the electric supplier. You guys are getting screwed! The price of coal has barely kept up with inflation. Where I live almost all of the plants are coal fired. I live in a 2,800 square foot house and don't even own a window screen as we either heat or a/c. We have never even seen a $100 monthly bill. The price per kilowatt has not changed in the eleven years I have lived here.
    Don't overhaul your house, overhaul the management structure of your public utility company! Paying more than a hundred a month and not even a kiss to go along with what you just got?
    I know it is a scam, they put a baseline that even with a new energy efficient house you cant stay under so then that gig you big time when you go over.We have a pool but i run the pump the least amount possible without screwing up the pool, never run both airs and only one at night in the summer and its still 600 plus.Friggin water and trash bill is 200 i dont get it.

Arkansas
    My electric bill runs about $85 per month in the winter and around $125 in the summer w/a 3200 sq ft home. Now my gas bill is another story.
    I'm suprised they are that much with that little trailer you have...

Baja Big Dog
    The heck with the solar, start with the electric supplier. You guys are getting screwed! The price of coal has barely kept up with inflation. Where I live almost all of the plants are coal fired. I live in a 2,800 square foot house and don't even own a window screen as we either heat or a/c. We have never even seen a $100 monthly bill. The price per kilowatt has not changed in the eleven years I have lived here.
    Don't overhaul your house, overhaul the management structure of your public utility company! Paying more than a hundred a month and not even a kiss to go along with what you just got?
    Damn...that was easy...I just called So Cal Edison, and told them to upgrade there management and lower our electric bills, they said they were very appreciative of me for bringing it to their attention, and there gonna get right on it...I gonna expect a thank you from all the So Cal Edison customer on the board when your rates go down!!

brianthomas
    Your utility must be get a good chunk of it's power from Hydro then, not coal...
    It's coal but the small suburb I live in bought 1% ownership in a new coal fired plant that was built in 1980-1982. Keeps lid on costs when you own a piece of the action.

brianthomas
    Damn...that was easy...I just called So Cal Edison, and told them to upgrade there management and lower our electric bills, they said they were very appreciative of me for bringing it to their attention, and there gonna get right on it...I gonna expect a thank you from all the So Cal Edison customer on the board when your rates go down!!
    Is So Cal Edison publicly owned or stock holder owned? If stock how huge are their margins. All utility prices are regulated where I live so there are no big surprises when you open the bill. Only problem is they don't get their 2-3% inflation increases every year so it is a big shock when it stays steady for 10 years then they increase it 25% all at once.

Baja Big Dog
    Is So Cal Edison publicly owned or stock holder owned? If stock how huge are their margins. All utility prices are regulated where I live so there are no big surprises when you open the bill. Only problem is they don't get their 2-3% inflation increases every year so it is a big shock when it stays steady for 10 years then they increase it 25% all at once.
    Yes, Edison is controlled by the Public Utility Commission, and there rates are are determined by the PUC....

PAVEE
    Its not uncommon in CA to see 20+ center per kwh. We don't have cheap power like alot of the rockey mountain states do... we have to have "green energy" beleave me it hurts. power costs where the main reason I got out of reef keeping as a hobby... nothing like have 2300 watts of power runing 247 and another 4000 watts runing 9 hours aday... makes the wheel on the side of the house spin like crazy.
    damn is that why my bill is soo high now!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123