Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electric bill is..................

Kindsvater Flat
    Mines around 200 in the winter but then add propane on top of that, maybe another 500 for the whole winter months. Summertime is 300-400.

brianthomas
    I heard around 10-12 yeras to recoupe you money.What is out of hand, my bil is running around 300 right now and can reach 700 in the summer(****king rip off).2660 sq ft home with a pool in the 951.
    The heck with the solar, start with the electric supplier. You guys are getting screwed! The price of coal has barely kept up with inflation. Where I live almost all of the plants are coal fired. I live in a 2,800 square foot house and don't even own a window screen as we either heat or a/c. We have never even seen a $100 monthly bill. The price per kilowatt has not changed in the eleven years I have lived here.
    Don't overhaul your house, overhaul the management structure of your public utility company! Paying more than a hundred a month and not even a kiss to go along with what you just got?

YeLLowBoaT
    The heck with the solar, start with the electric supplier. You guys are getting screwed! The price of coal has barely kept up with inflation. Where I live almost all of the plants are coal fired. I live in a 2,800 square foot house and don't even own a window screen as we either heat or a/c. We have never even seen a $100 monthly bill. The price per kilowatt has not changed in the eleven years I have lived here.
    Don't overhaul your house, overhaul the management structure of your public utility company! Paying more than a hundred a month and not even a kiss to go along with what you just got?
    you must not live in CA...

brianthomas
    you must not live in CA...
    Not even on a dare!

YeLLowBoaT
    Its not uncommon in CA to see 20+ center per kwh. We don't have cheap power like alot of the rockey mountain states do... we have to have "green energy" beleave me it hurts. power costs where the main reason I got out of reef keeping as a hobby... nothing like have 2300 watts of power runing 247 and another 4000 watts runing 9 hours aday... makes the wheel on the side of the house spin like crazy.

SWOOP!
    I am a mechanical contractor and have been installing solar electric systems like crazy latley, give me a call and I can anwser any questions you might have. 661-510-9388, Travis

Sleek-Jet
    Where do you live?? Either Western WA, ID, or MT I'm guessing.
    The price of coal is a very small part of it... what the RR are charging to transport the coal is more than what the coal costs. That, and there is very little generation reserve in the western US... and what little reserve there is left, the transmission isn't there to get the electricity where it needs to be...
    Most of the big Uitlities figured out several years ago the only way to get people to conserve is to hit them in the pocket book. Now the regulating authorities have figured that out as well. AZ is now requiring tiered rates, and time of use rates for all utilities coming in for a rate increase.

brianthomas
    Where do you live?? Either Western WA, ID, or MT I'm guessing.
    The price of coal is a very small part of it... what the RR are charging to transport the coal is more than what the coal costs. That, and there is very little generation reserve in the western US... and what little reserve there is left, the transmission isn't there to get the electricity where it needs to be...
    Most of the big Uitlities figured out several years ago the only way to get people to conserve is to hit them in the pocket book. Now the regulating authorities have figured that out as well. AZ is now requiring tiered rates, and time of use rates for all utilities coming in for a rate increase.
    We have tiered rates, the more you use the cheaper it gets per kilowatt. Basically a volume discount. I think the Peoples Republic of California got it backwards and charges MORE for the higher volume.

lalhc
    My electric bill runs about $85 per month in the winter and around $125 in the summer w/a 3200 sq ft home. Now my gas bill is another story.

Sleek-Jet
    We have tiered rates, the more you use the cheaper it gets per kilowatt. Basically a volume discount. I think the Peoples Republic of California got it backwards and charges MORE for the higher volume.
    Your utility must be get a good chunk of it's power from Hydro then, not coal...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast