Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merriman Out for 2 weeks*^%*^$$##

Not So Fast
    Damnit, just when he's getting back his MOJO, that's gonna hurt us And now the allegations that the Titans were out to "get him" because of his hit on Young without the ball, if true then thats BS. Young ran into him on a fake bootleg and Merriman did NOTHING wrong, I watched it many times. The very next play their big tight end (88) blindsided and leveled Shawne but it was a legal "wham block" as the Uch just stated and completely legit. The next play or so was Lendale's 25 yd run and that was the play Merriman got hurt on. There were two line men that were laying on top of him and thats when the injury took place. He says plenty of players heard their players yelling to "GET HIM" and I sort of beleve it:idea: His "sack dance" although loved by Chargers fans would be irritating to the opposition no doubt but to intentionally injure a player is well, WRONG, if its true!!!!!!! The league is looking at it. <<<<<<<< NSF

BoatFloating
    Are you Charger fans back on the bandwagon????? The Young play or the Rivers deal weren't dirty plays end of story. The Chargers aren't going any place in the playoffs this year. If I remember Harrison was a Charger when he rolled Green's knee in a pre-season game....

eliminatedsprinter
    Damnit, just when he's getting back his MOJO, that's gonna hurt us And now the allegations that the Titans were out to "get him" because of his hit on Young without the ball, if true then thats BS. Young ran into him on a fake bootleg and Merriman did NOTHING wrong, I watched it many times. The very next play their big tight end (88) blindsided and leveled Shawne but it was a legal "wham block" as the Uch just stated and completely legit. The next play or so was Lendale's 25 yd run and that was the play Merriman got hurt on. There were two line men that were laying on top of him and thats when the injury took place. He says plenty of players heard their players yelling to "GET HIM" and I sort of beleve it:idea: His "sack dance" although loved by Chargers fans would be irritating to the opposition no doubt but to intentionally injure a player is well, WRONG, if its true!!!!!!! The league is looking at it. <<<<<<<< NSF
    It appears lot's of bad things happened in this game, including Merriman's cheap shot on Young. No excuse for any of it. Merriman's late hit was a cheap shot, but that still does not justify revenge on the field.

BoatFloating
    Did you watch the game? Merriman was trying to pull up when young made a rookie mistake. He was watching the play and didn't have his head on a swivel. He ran right into Merriman. If it was a dirty play there would have been a roughing the passer penalty.
    Sorry I meant to say the weren't (my bad). That's why they both didn't get flagged...

Not So Fast
    It appears lot's of bad things happened in this game, including Merriman's cheap shot on Young. No excuse for any of it. Merriman's late hit was a cheap shot, but that still does not justify revenge on the field.
    I'm really confused as to how you think that was a CHEAP shot, did you actually see the game or the so called HIT.?? SWB is right it could have been worse since Young was still faking that he had the ball right?? NOT A CHEAP SHOT PERIOD, just football. Now two O line players laying on top of Merriman at the end of a downfield play IS SUSPECT IMO!! NSF

Tremor Therapy
    What game were you watching? Merriman was engaging a blocker on that play and Young was being a spectator instead of taking care of himself...they basically ran into each other. If Merriman wanted it to be a cheap shot he would not have had his arms out at his sides...he would have used them to really level Young, and he just did not do that.
    The hit on Rivers was dirty...no two ways about it. The defensive lineman went for a low hit on the quarterback and that is exactly what he did. The local radio hacks called it that way on the play, and on the next play Bauer wanted them to stand up the defensive lineman and then have Oneal chop block him...15 yard penalty be damned! I'm glad they didn't because the game was waaaaaaaaaaaay to out of control as it was. The officiating crew did not have control of this game.
    Oh, and the hit on Merriman is suspect to say the least. There is no reason for 2 offensive lineman to be piledriving a defensive player downfield. I have yet to see a replay of that hit, but I sure would like too.

eliminatedsprinter
    Did you watch the game? There was nothing cheap about it. Young made a play action, Merriman was rushing off the edge and engaged with a blocker. He probably never saw Young or saw Young give up the ball being engaged on his left. He said, after the game, that he just saw Young headed straight for him, he was still moving towards the QB engaged with the blocker and he put his arms up in front of him.
    I watched the game. I watched the play. I'm no fan of cheap football plays. When I saw it and replayed it several times, I didn't think there was anything cheap about it. It was unusual. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before, a QB just running around the field with his head downfield the entire time.
    I watched the game and saw it happen and I saw the replays. Merriman was zeroed in on Young and he could easily see both empty hands, in addition, he lead with his helmit on the tackle. The refs seemed to be looking down field (like young was) and didn't see it or it would have likely drawn a flag. I watched that game, because I like football, I'm not a fan or a hater of either team. I'm not saying it was a Dexter Manley move or anything, but it should have drawn a flag for unnecessary roughness at the very least. :idea:

eliminatedsprinter
    I'm really confused as to how you think that was a CHEAP shot, did you actually see the game or the so called HIT.?? SWB is right it could have been worse since Young was still faking that he had the ball right?? NOT A CHEAP SHOT PERIOD, just football. Now two O line players laying on top of Merriman at the end of a downfield play IS SUSPECT IMO!! NSF
    Spoken like a true fan (shouted in caps no less). Good for you, stick up for your team and it's star players.
    Ever see LT's image in tree bark??
    P.S. As a guy who is suffering the after affects of 4 knee reconstructions (2 on each knee) from traumatic sports injuries, I don't ever like to see any player injured, regardless of whatever happened in the previous plays. If Merriman and or anyone else was intentionally hurt, Merriman's hit on Young is no excuse. I feel Merriman's hit deserved a flag. Intentional injuring deserves major punishment from the league.

Tremor Therapy
    Just heard on the radio that Oneal ended up breaking his leg....that will be a big blow if he's gone for any length of time.

Ziggy
    Spoken like a true fan (shouted in caps no less). Good for you, stick up for your team and it's star players.
    Ever see LT's image in tree bark??
    P.S. As a guy who is suffering the after affects of 4 knee reconstructions (2 on each knee) from traumatic sports injuries, I don't ever like to see any player injured, regardless of whatever happened in the previous plays. If Merriman and or anyone else was intentionally hurt, Merriman's hit on Young is no excuse. I feel Merriman's hit deserved a flag. Intentional injuring deserves major punishment from the league.
    Not intentional at all by Merriman. It was obvious to me that he let up at the last second and put his hands/arms up to protect himself as well, he tried to disengage himself from the blocker. If the QB doesn't look where he's going then how is it the fault of Merriman's? No different than a blocker getting leveled on kickoffs who happens to be looking left when he should have looked right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast