Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Come on Oprah

Kilrtoy
    well who really cares this is a boating web site I thought, there is a place for this BS it's in the Political Rhetoric threads. it just seems more and more people are bringing up race and color issues. I just enjoy boating with good friends dam all this drama on what Oprah is doing and who and why she is supporting someone.
    Can you please return the white woman to the courtesy check out island

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Can you please return the white woman to the courtesy check out island
    what you talking about willis LMAO

talkinghead
    Oprah did go on what I would call a racial tirade at Howard University recently...
    http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/15/oprah-...-white-folks/8

Sleeper CP
    I can see this thread going sideways in no time. So let me twist the handle on the ole can opener just a bit.
    Not trying to judge a book by it's cover but yes I believe Opra's motivation is more racial than political. However I'd much rather see Obama in the White House than Hillary even though I don't think either one is worth a shit.
    T.
    I would agree with that and it somewhat ticks me off but then again do you know how many women are going to vote for Hillary just because she is a women. I think that is just as bad:idea:
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

talkinghead
    Yeah, that's a racial tirade alright. I have a molehill over here I'd like you to make a mountain out of.
    Well, I guess it's a matter of opinion. If I went down to SDSU and made similar comments at a commencement I suspect I would be run out of town on rails (for making similar statements).
    I doubt I will be invited to speak at any SDSU ceremonies but I think it makes the point.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ

talkinghead
    I imagine, in context, she was basically telling the students at Howard University, "you've come a long way, baby."
    Perhaps, but I don't think many people like being referred to in the manner that she did. Does it make sense to hold guilty people today who had nothing to do with her Grandmother (or even benefited from the relationship directly/indirectly).
    I would not do it, it's not in good taste at a minimum.
    I think it was much more than "we've come a long way baby" - much more...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcf3C4Y2RjA

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Political Rhetoric LMAO

talkinghead
    Do you really mind being referred to as "good white folks?" Seriously, I'm not picking up what you're laying down here. People come on here all the time and use the n word or call my people wetbacks and I've never seen you make a peep.
    People may, but I don't.
    I can't really control what people say, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
    And if you look back at my posts (in threads I have followed), you will in fact see that I have commented on those type of posts.
    About a month ago in fact - the poster I believe was BrianB.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    :sleeping: :sleeping:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast