Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now it starts!

Steve 1

Blown 472
    When will they hook up rummy, cheny, and g dumbya to it and ask them questions about iraq?

Steve 1
    What Questions????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????

SmokinLowriderSS
    When will they hook up rummy, cheny, and g dumbya to it and ask them questions about iraq?
    And just as soon as they passed it, you and people of your viewpoint would simply scream "fraudulent" and "more coverup", "setup", etc, so just what would the point be blown?
    You won't accept any information that fails to fit your hypotheses, you insist on things that you have zero proof of, on and on.
    It would be as pointless and idiotic as Pres Bush "meeting" with the idiot Sheehan just so she could call him a liar in front of a camera. POINTLESS AND STUPID.

Blown 472
    And just as soon as they passed it, you and people of your viewpoint would simply scream "fraudulent" and "more coverup", "setup", etc, so just what would the point be blown?
    You won't accept any information that fails to fit your hypotheses, you insist on things that you have zero proof of, on and on.
    It would be as pointless and idiotic as Pres Bush "meeting" with the idiot Sheehan just so she could call him a liar in front of a camera. POINTLESS AND STUPID.
    Yeah yeah blah blah he would use some presidential pardon bs to get out of it, but you keep going to bat for him.
    Do you really think he has your best interests in mind?

Steve 1
    Just so we are on the same page here!
    CLINTON
    SCANDAL STATS
    COMPILED BY THE PROGRESSIVE REVIEW
    Originally published October 1998. Partially updated 9/21/00
    Please send corrections and additions to THE PROGRESSIVE REVIEW
    THE REVIEW HOME PAGE
    NOTES
    Some of the data has not been updated recently and thus understates conditions. In certain areas, such as anomalous deaths, we have used an extremely conservative count. It is important in considering these fatal incidents to bear in mind the following:
    (1) The fact that anomalies need to be investigated further carries no presumption of how a death actually occurred, only that there remain serious questions that require answers.
    (2) The possibility of foul play must be taken seriously in a major criminal conspiracy in which over two score individuals and firms have been convicted and over 100 witnesses have pled the Fifth Amendment or fled the country.
    (3) If foul play did occur in any of these cases, that fact by itself does not carry the presumption that the White House was involved. Given the footprints of organized crime, drug trade, foreign espionage, and intelligence agencies on the trail of the Clinton story, such a assumption would not be warranted.
    ADMINISTRATION RECORDS SET
    - The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
    - Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates
    - Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
    - Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
    - Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
    - First president sued for sexual harassment.
    - First president accused of rape.
    - First first lady to come under criminal investigation
    - Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
    - First president to establish a legal defense fund.
    - Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
    - Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
    HISTORICAL CONTEXT
    - Number of independent counsel inquiries since the 1978 law was passed: 19
    - Number that have produced indictments: 7
    - Number that produced more convictions than the Starr investigation: 1
    - Median length of investigations that have led to convictions: 44 months
    - Length of Starr-Ray investigation (7/00): 67 months.
    - Number of Starr-Ray investigation convictions to date (including one governor, one associate attorney general and two Clinton business partners): 15
    - Median cost per Starr investigation conviction: $3.5 million as of 3/00
    - Total cost of the Starr investigation (3/00) $52 million
    - Total cost of the Iran-Contra investigation: $48.5 million
    - Total cost to taxpayers of the Madison Guarantee failure: $73 million
    - Number of Clinton cabinet members who came under criminal investigation: 5
    - Number of Reagan cabinet members who came under criminal investigation: 4
    - Number of top officials jailed in the Teapot Dome Scandal: 3
    CRIME STATS
    - Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
    - Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
    - Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
    - Number of imprisonments: 14
    - Number of congressional witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 124
    CAMPAIGN FINANCE INVESTIGATION
    - As of June 2000, the Justice Department listed 25 people indicted and 19 convicted because of the 1996 Clinton-Gore fundraising scandals.
    - According to the House Committee on Government Reform in September 2000, 79 House and Senate witnesses asserted the Fifth Amendment in the course of investigations into Gore's last fundraising campaign. [These figures are included in the larger figures elsewhere].
    -James Riady entered a plea agreement to pay an $8.5 million fine for campaign finance crimes. This was a record under campaign finance laws.
    STARR INVESTIGATION
    - Number of Starr-Ray investigation convictions or guilty pleas to date (including one governor, one associate attorney general and two Clinton business partners): 15
    - Number of Clinton Cabinet members who came under criminal investigation: 5
    - Number of Reagan cabinet members who came under criminal investigation: 4
    - Number of top officials jailed in the Teapot Dome Scandal: 3
    SMALTZ INVESTIGATION
    - Guilty pleas and convictions obtained by Donald Smaltz in cases involving charges of bribery and fraud against former Agriculture Secretary Espy and associated individuals and businesses: 15
    - Acquitted or overturned cases (including Espy): 6
    - Fines and penalties assessed: $11.5 million
    - Cost of investigation: $22.2 million through 9/99
    - Amount Tyson Food paid in fines and court costs: $6 million
    - Amount Tyson Food still has in annual government contracts: $200 million
    - Reasons individuals other than Espy were convicted or pled guilty: Concealing knowledge of gifts to Espy and his girlfriend (1), providing illegal gratuities to Espy(4), illegally supplementing the salary of a government official (2), concealing receipt of illegal funds on behalf of Espy (1) (Espy's chief of staff sentenced to prison in this case)
    CRIMES FOR WHICH CONVICTIONS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED
    Drug trafficking (3), racketeering, extortion, bribery(4), tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement (2), fraud (12), conspiracy (5), fraudulent loans, illegal gifts(1), illegal campaign contributions(5), money laundering (6)
    POSSIBLE CRIMES AND SUSPICIOUS MATTERS INVESTIGATED BY SPECIAL PROSECUTORS, CONGRESS,
    AND/OR INVESTIGATIVE REPORTERS
    Bank and mail fraud, violations of campaign finance laws, illegal foreign campaign funding, improper exports of sensitive technology, physical violence and threats of violence, solicitation of perjury, intimidation of witnesses, bribery of witnesses, attempted intimidation of prosecutors, perjury before congressional committees, lying in statements to federal investigators and regulatory officials, flight of witnesses, obstruction of justice, bribery of cabinet members, real estate fraud, tax fraud, drug trafficking, failure to investigate drug trafficking, bribery of state officials, use of state police for personal purposes, exchange of promotions or benefits for sexual favors, using state police to provide false court testimony, laundering of drug money through a state agency, false reports by medical examiners and others investigating suspicious deaths, the firing of the RTC and FBI director when these agencies were investigating Clinton and his associates, failure to conduct autopsies in suspicious deaths, providing jobs in return for silence by witnesses, drug abuse, illegal acquisition and use of 900 FBI files, illegal futures trading, murder, sexual abuse of employees, false testimony before a federal judge, shredding of documents, withholding and concealment of subpoenaed documents, fabricated charges against (and improper firing of) White House employees, as well as providing access to the White House to drug traffickers, foreign agents and participants in organized crime.
    UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENA
    - FBI files misappropriated by the White House: c. 900
    - Estimated number of witnesses quoted in FBI files misappropriated by the White House: 18,000
    - Number of witnesses who developed medical problems at critical points in Clinton scandals investigation (Tucker, Hale, both McDougals, Lindsey): 5
    - Problem areas listed in a memo by Clinton's own lawyer in preparation for the president's defense: 40
    - Number of witnesses and critics of Clinton subjected to IRS audit: 45
    - Number of names placed in a White House secret database without the knowledge of those named: c. 200,000
    - Number of persons involved with Clinton who have been beaten up: 2
    - Number of women involved with Clinton who claim to have been physically threatened (Sally Perdue, Gennifer Flowers, Kathleen Willey, Linda Tripp, Elizabeth Ward Gracen): 5
    - Number of men involved in the Clinton scandals who have been beaten up or claimed to have been intimidated: 10
    ARKANSAS SUDDEN DEATH SYNDROME
    - Number of persons in the Clinton machine orbit who are alleged to have committed suicide: 9
    - Number known to have been murdered: 12
    - Number who died in plane crashes: 6
    - Number who died in single car automobile accidents: 3
    - Number killed during Waco massacre: 4
    - Number of one-person sking fatalities: 1
    - Number of key witnesses who have died of heart attacks while in federal custody under questionable circumstances: 1
    - Number of medications being taken by Jim McDougal at the time he was placed in solitary confinement shortly before his death: 12
    - Number of unexplained deaths: 4
    - Total suspicious deaths: 46
    - Number of northern Mafia killings during peak years of 1968-78: 30
    - Number of Dixie Mafia killings during same period: 156
    ARKANSAS ALZHEIMER'S
    - Number of times Hillary Clinton said "I don't recall" or its equivalent in a statement to a House investigating committee: 50
    - Number of paragraphs in this statement: 42
    - Number of times Bill Clinton said "I don't recall" or its equivalent in the released portions of the his testimony on Paula Jones: 271
    - Total number of facts or events not recalled before official bodies by Bill Kennedy, Harold Ickes, Ricki Seidman, Bruce Lindsey, Bill Burton, Mark Gearan, Mack McLarty, Neil Eggleston, John Podesta, Jennifer O'Connor, Dwight Holton, Patsy Thomasson, Jeff Eller, Beth Nolan, Cliff Sloan, Bernard Nussbaum, George Stephanopoulous, Roy Neel, Rahm Emanuel, Maggie Williams, David Tarbell, Susan Thomases, Webster Hubbell, Roger Altman, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton: 6,125
    - Average occurrence of memory lapse by top administration figures while before official bodies: 235
    ARKANSAS MONEY MANAGEMENT
    - Amount of an alleged electronic transfer from the Arkansas Development Financial Authority to a bank in the Cayman Islands during 1980s: $50 million
    - Grand Cayman's population: 18,000
    - Number of commercial banks: 570
    - Number of bank regulators: 1
    - Amount Arkansas state pension fund invested in high-risk repos in the mid-80s in one purchase in April 1985: $52 million through the Worthen Bank.
    - Number of days thereafter that the state's brokerage firm went belly up: 3
    - Amount Arkansas pension fund dropped overnight as a result: 15%
    - Percent of Worthen bank that Mochtar Riady bought over the next four months to bail out the bank and the then governor, Bill Clinton: 40%.
    - Percent of purchasers from the Clintons and McDougals of resort lots who lost the land because of the sleazy financing provisions: over 50%
    THE MEDIA
    - Number of journalists covering Whitewater who have been fired, transferred off the beat, resigned or otherwise gotten into trouble because of their work on the scandals (Doug Frantz, Jim Wooten, Richard Behar, Christopher Ruddy, Michael Isikoff, David Eisenstadt, Yinh Chan, Jonathan Broder, James R. Norman, Zoh Hieronimus): 10
    FRIENDS OF BILL
    - Number of times John Huang took the 5th Amendment in answer to questions during a Judicial Watch deposition: 1,000
    - Visits made to the White House by investigation subjects Johnny Chung, James Riady, John Huang, and Charlie Trie. 160
    - Number of campaign contributors who got overnights at the White House in the two years before the 1996 election: 577
    - Number of members of Thomas Boggs's law firm who have held top positions in the Clinton administration. 18
    - Number of times John Huang was briefed by CIA: 37
    - Number of calls Huang made from Commerce Department to Lippo banks: 261
    - Number of intelligence reports Huang read while at Commerce: 500
    POLITICAL FALL-OUT
    - According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, Democrats held a 1,542 seat lead in the state bodies in 1990. As of November 2000 that lead had shrunk to 288. That's a loss of over 1,200 state legislative seats, nearly all of them under Clinton. Across the US, the Democrats controlled only 65 more state senate seats than the Republicans.
    Further, in 1992, the Democrats controlled 17 more state legislatures than the Republicans. After November, the Republicans control one more than the Democrats. Not only was this a loss of 9 legislatures under Clinton, but it was the first time since 1954 that the GOP had controlled more state legislatures than the Democrats (they tied in 1968).
    Here's what happened to the Democrats under Clinton:
    - GOP seats gained in House since Clinton became president: 48
    - GOP seats gained in Senate since Clinton became president: 8
    - GOP governorships gained since Clinton became president: 11
    - GOP state legislative seats gained since Clinton became president: 1,254
    as of 1998
    - State legislatures taken over by GOP since Clinton became president: 9
    - Democrat officeholders who have become Republicans since Clinton became
    president: 439 as of 1998
    - Republican officeholders who have become Democrats since Clinton became president: 3

HighRoller
    What do you think you'd find? Your long desired smoking gun? I'm still wondering what you think id being "hidden" from you. It's actually people like John Kerry, Ted the drunk and Nancy Pelosi who are liars. They stood with Bush when they ALL believed Saddam had WMD's. But the first waver of public opinion sent them all running for the nearest TV camera, where they proceeded to proclaim that they opposed the war and that Bush lied etc...as if they had disagreed with him the whole time. And people with short memories actually fell for it. Do I need to post the notrious John Kerry video again so we can see who the REAL liars are???

SmokinLowriderSS
    Yeah yeah blah blah he would use some presidential pardon bs to get out of it, but you keep going to bat for him.
    Do you really think he has your best interests in mind?
    Just who all HAS Bush pardoned (since you brought it up?)
    Give me the list of names and we'll compare it with Steve's list of those pardoned by your buddy, Billy.
    Come on blown, make me eat crow. Back me down, if you can.
    Look out HR, you'll confuse blown again. I just dared him to shut ME down with some reality.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Since (if you look up the REAL thread on the dubai Ports World "scandal" story), you would see my openly change my mind, and reverse my opinion, publicly, as I obtained more information on the story/situation, I guess that makes me a liar too. Trouble with that is, every statement I posted there was 100% honest, for the information I had at the time I was willing to speak my peace. Futher examples:
    age 10 and before, I didn't like onions, said they were yucky.
    now, almost everything we cook is loaded with them, they are "good".
    I am a liar.
    age 10, got a ride in a jetboat with dad before he bought Lowrider. Didn't like the noisy open motor & headers. Still don't care for the noise of the open headers for my own boat, but love the boats and can enjoy the noise for a while.
    I am a liar.
    mid 1989, told 1st wife I didn't like sportbikes, an aquaintance had one.
    late '89, bought one she talked me into, loved it. I love my sportbike
    I am a liar.
    last night, told my 15 yr old who hates her custodial mother that I had found proof of her assertion that she could move at 17 without her mother's consent
    15 min later, told her I was mistaken, and was finding statutory info that conflicted with the info I had found the night prior.
    I guess i'm a liar there too.
    No, point in fact every one of those statements I made were made in good faith, known by me to be accurate at the time I said them based on the information I had available to me at the time. My opinion changed based on improved knowledge, more facts at my disposal. none of those is a known lie. Definition of lying REQUIRES the lie to be told while the person lying has full knowledge of the truth (Bill Clinton- "I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski".)

Blown 472
    Just who all HAS Bush pardoned (since you brought it up?)
    Give me the list of names and we'll compare it with Steve's list of those pardoned by your buddy, Billy.
    Come on blown, make me eat crow. Back me down, if you can.
    Look out HR, you'll confuse blown again. I just dared him to shut ME down with some reality.
    Ok, perhaps pardon was the wrong word, perhaps some sorta privlege thang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast