Thread: Obama on Oprah

Old Texan
    Question: How will the use of Oprah's TV show be applied to Obama's campaign funding? The Dems are always crying out for equal billing and representation. I wonder how all this air time aplies to the rules?
    You can bet if any of the Republicans got this special exposure it would damned well be blasted in the press and foul called by the DNC.

eliminatedsprinter
    Question: How will the use of Oprah's TV show be applied to Obama's campaign funding? The Dems are always crying out for equal billing and representation. I wonder how all this air time aplies to the rules?
    You can bet if any of the Republicans got this special exposure it would damned well be blasted in the press and foul called by the DNC.
    Ya think?
    I guess that's why they are the party of "issues"....

Sundance
    Figure it out, there is only one party, Repdem's or Demsrep's, depending on your choice. Controled on "K" St. in Washington. It's all a smoke screen to hide the real issues.
    Lou Dobbs is full of Shit. If we all registar as Independents then you put the choice of whose running into the hands of a chosen few. Just because I'm registared in one group or another dosen't mean I'll vote that way come election.
    This is 2007, who would be dumb enough to vote a stright party ticket.

eliminatedsprinter
    Figure it out, there is only one party, Repdem's or Demsrep's, depending on your choice. Controled on "K" St. in Washington. It's all a smoke screen to hide the real issues.
    Lou Dobbs is full of Shit. If we all registar as Independents then you put the choice of whose running into the hands of a chosen few. Just because I'm registared in one group or another dosen't mean I'll vote that way come election.
    This is 2007, who would be dumb enough to vote a stright party ticket.
    Lou Dobbs makes just enough sense to be dangerous (slight exaggeration here). His immigration views make sense to most of us (myself included). However, his views on trade are too close to the post WWI, pre-depression, trade war mentality, that helped cause the great depression and set the stage for the rise of fascism and WWII for my taste....

Sundance
    If you don't think we're not heading for financial disaster, think again. You've been watching to much Fox or network news,
    I've been a small business owner for over 30 years of my 45 years in business and I see what's going on.
    A day dosen't pass when I get calls from companies I work with that they can't ship product to my cusomers because they haven't paid their bills from several months ago.
    I know that in the last 6 years my income has stayed the same, I was putting money in the bank back then, but my expenses have doubled and I have debt.
    We're being fed a bunch of BS.
    Nero is playing his fiddle, while room is burning. History repeats itself, time and time again.

eliminatedsprinter
    If you don't think we're not heading for financial disaster, think again. You've been watching to much Fox or network news,
    I've been a small business owner for over 30 years of my 45 years in business and I see what's going on.
    A day dosen't pass when I get calls from companies I work with that they can't ship product to my cusomers because they haven't paid their bills from several months ago.
    I know that in the last 6 years my income has stayed the same, I was putting money in the bank back then, but my expenses have doubled and I have debt.
    We're being fed a bunch of BS.
    Nero is playing his fiddle, while room is burning. History repeats itself, time and time again.
    You are correct.
    History repeats.
    This is because we so often fail to learn from it.
    Do you really think that repeating the mistakes that helped cause the post WWI worldwide depression is the answer? Fiddling while Rome burned was foolish, but not as foolish as spreading gas and playing with a flamethrower. Some changes may be needed, but reverting to trade war tactics, that are one of historys most proven failures is not the prudent course, if you ask me.

redneckcharlie
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!