Thread: Now Your Talking!

Schiada76
    A Quick Solution to the Immigration Problem
    For the cost of 10 high caliber rounds
    By E.F. Winslow
    12-12-2007
    Although the question of what to do with the tens of millions of illegal immigrants that are currently in this country is a little more complex, the obvious answer to the question of enforcing our border has not yet been broached in national debate. Although a few may see this simply as a shock piece, it something that needs to be take very seriously.
    At this moment, dozens of illegal immigrants are stealing across the border somewhere in the United States. If they succeed, they will be lavished with Federal and State benefits, and, quite possibly, be give a "road map" to citizenship, if such legislation ever passes. If they are caught, worst case scenario, they will be fed, taken care of, and eventually given an air conditioned ride back to the border, and they can try again a few days later. It's a win-win situation for the immigrant. The Mexican government openly encourages its poorest citizens to attempt the crossing.
    That equation needs to change. Illegal Immigration is a national security issue. It always has been. There is not now, nor will there ever be, enough INS personnel to handle the number of illegals with this rate of immigration. Our financial infrastructure, particularly in our southern states and urban areas, is starting to crack under the strain.
    If we are serious about being able to defend our own borders,we need to literally defend our own borders. D-E-F-E-N-D. As in armed defense. Picture this scenario:
    Jose, Santiago, and Gorge are making a break for it across the Rio. They will know that in their case, there is some risk, since the U.S. and the Mexican authorities will have broadcast public service announcements that trespassing into the United States would put their lives in jeopardy.
    From a bull horn they hear in Spanish and Portuguese "Stop, Go Back". They keep running into the U.S. They hear again. "This is your last warning or we will shoot. Go back". They run faster. Five seconds later, a high caliber round goes through Jose's head, and his body hits ground in a puff of dust. The survivors hear "Stop- Go back".
    I will bet $100 that Santiago and Gorge are going back to Mexico as fast as their little legs can carry them. I think it is pretty likely that they won't try again either. They will probably wait for a VISA, would be my guess.
    We probably want to have some news crews on hand to film the body bag of Jose being brought back to Mexico. The Mexican government would probably be pretty mad. Jose's family will be sad, as well as mad. It will be the top stories on all the Mexican news programs. If the actual shooting is taped, it will be number one on YouTube and Break.com. Yes, that is very sad and macabre But I would bet that a whole lot less are going to attempt to cross the border the next day. A lot less.
    Now, it might take a few such sorties to make it clear to would-be immigrants that we don't like it when they cross illegally. Picking what might be an arbitrary number, I say perhaps a total of ten unfortunate souls who tried to illegally cross, and then didn't heed the warning to turn back. That's enough to make the whole Mexican populace realize that trying to cross illegally may likely cost them their lives. You don't need to even put a sniper every few hundred yards. Just the fact that some bodies are going back will be enough to strike enough fear in the would-be felons that they think twice or thrice about the attempt.
    Besides the huge windfall of not having to support all of the incoming illegals, we will save money on more fencing for the border. Fences, no matter how high, can be cut, dug under, climbed over. A high-powered round in the temple, however, is forever.
    Let the debate begin!

Moneypitt
    I proposed something quite simular, except I wanted to use American actors as the invaders. Shoot them in a open field just before dark, have Border Patrol go out and pick up the "dead" bodies while all waiting to cross are watching.......No one actually hurt, but the same affect.........MP

Sundance
    Short and Sweet! We have an imagration policy for workers coming into the US to work, called a Green Card. Enforce It!
    What country do we import the most oil from? Canada! No Islamic militants up there blowing up people.. Somebody is in the middle!
    Where do the most drugs come from into the US. Mexico!
    Bring the troops home from Iraq. Put them on the border and inforce our soveringty.
    Let Iraq have it's soveringty back. How would you like troops marching up and down our streets, shooting at people?
    Looks like our niegbors are getting the best of of our free trade aggrements!
    Nikata K. said Russia would take us over from within. It won't be hard the way we are going.
    Russia is dumb like a Fox.
    If Hugo and his country own Citgo Oil. Stop buying gas from their stations. Dah!
    Lastly, figure it out about Nacho and Taco. They are Sapnish! They are not a race. In spite what some would want you to believe.
    The English, Anglos, us and the Spanish have been fighting for centuries. When will we stop?
    Maybe it wasn't short but it was Sweet!

delemorte
    i got no problem with the OP.

cdog
    Two words. Land Mines!
    It would be like a Holiday in Cambodia.

Sundance
    If the Islamic extremist can do mines, why can't we. See how quick they turn and head for home. But then how would our country get all of our illegal drugs?

cdog
    If the Islamic extremist can do mines, why can't we. See how quick they turn and head for home. But then how would our country get all of our illegal drugs?
    We still have Humboldt county. All the good ectasy comes from europe anyway.

Schiada76
    I proposed something quite simular, except I wanted to use American actors as the invaders. Shoot them in a open field just before dark, have Border Patrol go out and pick up the "dead" bodies while all waiting to cross are watching.......No one actually hurt, but the same affect.........MP
    How about Hollywood actors but really shoot those fockers too..
    Halt!!!
    Hey that looks like Shawn Penn? Bang!!! BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
    click click
    BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG