Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best way to lift a boat from the trailer...

Mr. Crusader 83
    with the engine still in it? Im having my trailer redone, and i dont want to pull the engine to get the boat off the trailer.

Instigators
    Up or Off

TahitiTiger
    I would say an "A" frame over the bow with a winch to lift the bow. Then use an engine lift hooked to the engine and raise the rear.

squirt'nmyload
    you supply the beer....i'll come up..... and when we get drunk enough we will surely figure it out

Mr. Crusader 83
    you supply the beer....i'll come up..... and when we get drunk enough we will surely figure it out
    Sounds good to me. Thats when i do my breast :jawdrop: work.

Rivertard Sr and Jr helped me pull the Stevens off the trailer with just a cherry picker, 2 slings (3" ratcheting tie down straps actually), 4 tires and a floor jack. Piece of cake.

Mr. Crusader 83
    I would say an "A" frame over the bow with a winch to lift the bow. Then use an engine lift hooked to the engine and raise the rear.
    Think I can put a tow strap around the 4 point engine mount and lift from there with a cherry picker?

FuelInMyVeins82
    Rivertard Sr and Jr helped me pull the Stevens off the trailer with just a cherry picker, 2 slings (3" ratcheting tie down straps actually), 4 tires and a floor jack. Piece of cake.
    and a partridge and a pair tree

Riverat84
    hey, i need to do this also, getting my trailer redone real soon, any other ideas? i like the ones that have been said, but cant put it in a picture in my head :idea:
    Reid

Xerophobic
    forklift from behind
    (alloy boats only)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast