Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: place droop/ride plate combo

mrgoslow
    has anyone bought one of place's droop snoots that have ride plate capability and what did you think of it? [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/521/87newghostie.jpg[/img]

HammerDown
    All the research I did (before) doing my pump setback, and adding the Ride Plate and Shoe... lead me to leave that item on the store shelf.
    Do it the right way, remove the Intake and have it Machined!

rivercrazy
    I think the droop is one of the best on the market. But the ride plate combo is lacking. To be an effective ride plate, it needs to extend from the bottom of the hull to become an extension of the bottom. Most of the ones Ive seen are "up" from the bottom. Perhaps they help get a boat on plane slightly faster because of reduced jet bowl drag but I bet its not at all significant. Anti up for a machined shoe/rideplate would be my recommendation

mrgoslow
    i would love to have a shoe/rideplate combo but i dont feel like taking the intake out for machining and since its a jacuzzi WJ that im putting a dominator bowl & impellor on , i dont know how the boat will run. i was just looking for a way to have a liitle more roost and carry the nose a little better. has anyone bought one of these combos?

Liberator TJ1984
    GoSlow , I bet with a little engineering help from Nate at Midnight Boat Wurks that thing will probably work real nice.. you gonna try just a droop first an see how that alone does ???
    Maybe by looking at that pic..DHobbs @ PFM Marine can make you one??
    Gopherrr
    By the way got the ProTopline Heads in ....WAY SWEEEEEET !!!!

Hustler
    Liberator TJ1984:
    GoSlow , I bet with a little engineering help from Nate at Midnight Boat Wurks that thing will probably work real nice.. you gonna try just a droop first an see how that alone does ???
    Maybe by looking at that pic..DHobbs @ PFM Marine can make you one??
    Gopherrr
    By the way got the ProTopline Heads in ....WAY SWEEEEEET !!!! do you have any flow #'s for them? my brother just bought a set and I was thinking about it. the price on them is real nice but I have not seen any flow #'s

Liberator TJ1984
    Hustler ck PM's
    Gopherrr

HammerDown
    MrGoslow...look at it this way after you spend the money on that piece chances are you'll wish you did it the right way...and if your going to put a dominator bowl & impellor on ...why not take the intake out a refit your hull for a Berk,Aggressor,AT or any other Hi pressure pump.
    Something to think about for sure.

mrgoslow
    hammer, i guess some of it bowls down to $$$. if my v bottom runs 75 all day with a mild 454 and has the ability to put up a nice tail, thats fine. id probably spend $1500 or more getting an intake, ride plate and suction piece, getting the intake machined for a shoe & rideplate and having the intake set in place. the droop costs what it cost and i want one regardless. if you buy a place brand, you can buy their rideplate for and bracket for an additional $180.

HammerDown
    Thats true...sometimes $$$$ is a big factor...and good luck with your Boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast